|Summer Sprouts Camp, age 4-5 Parent Welcome Letter Available in May
|School’s out, where to next? Get outdoors & explore nature’s classroom! From underneath our feet all the way up to the stars, look for animal habitats, listen for bird songs, plant seeds & watch them grow, taste what’s in season & smell beautiful flowers. Gain lessons in the senses & sciences from Mother Nature. The sky’s the limit!
|Day/Time: Mon-Fri, 9am-1pm
||Location: Gabriel Park Community Garden,41st & Canby
- Staff-to-camper ratio is 2:12.
- IMPORTANT! This camp does NOT meet at the Southwest Community Center. It is held entirely off-site at the Gabriel Park Community Garden located off SW 41st & Canby Street. Drop-off & Pick-up are at the community garden.
- Campers should wear closed toed shoes, weather appropriate clothing, and have sunscreen applied before they arrive. Camp will run in light rain. Please dress in layers for cool mornings, with warming temps as the day goes on!
- Each day, please bring a backpack that your child can carry, labeled with his/her name, that includes: a full extra set of clothes, water bottle, snack, lunch, and a wide-brimmed hat is a great idea! Please send your child in comfy clothes that you don't mind getting wet/dirty/messy.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER for Summer Sprouts: If NOAA forecasts heavy rain or excessive heat, Summer Sprouts will be cancelled for the day, you will be notified between 7-7:30am, and your account will be credited for the day. We rarely cancel; we have a cool forest canopy for those rare hotter days & in the event of light rain! IF there is space in an indoor camp that is age appropriate for your child, there is a possibility of joining that camp for the day. Please call 503-823-2840 to check availability. We apologioze in advance if we are unable to accomodate extra children indoors and must cancel. Credits are not given for light rain days when camp is held.
- View SWCC Camp Guide for dates and camp themes.