The City of Portland, including Portland Parks & Recreation, will be closed for the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day (January 1) *
- Martin Luther King, Jr. (third Monday in January)
- Presidents Day (third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4) *
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Veterans Day (November 11) *
- Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas (December 25) *
* Floating Holidays occur when fixed date holidays land on a weekend.
If the holiday lands on a Saturday, the Friday before is the observed holiday.
If the holiday lands on Sunday, the following Monday is the observed holiday.
NOTE ABOUT NATURAL AREAS' STAFF WORK SCHEDULES:
As part of their work schedules, some of our Natural Areas staff work a Tuesday through Saturday schedule.
If a holiday is celebrated on a Monday, oftentimes they will not work on the following Tuesday.
Keep this in mind as this may result in a delay of receiving reports of your volunteering.