Similar to any job or employment situation, you must let your supervisors know if you need to cancel your placement.
- To cancel before your service day, call Volunteer Services, 503-823-5121.
- To cancel the day of service, call the site manager AND Volunteer Services, 503-823-5121.
- To reschedule after a cancellation, you must submit another application for work or call Volunteer Services, 503-823-5121.
- NOTE: three cancellations may result in the termination of your participation in our program.
Site or work cancellation:
- Cancellation before your scheduled date: Volunteer Services will make every effort to let you know of any schedule changes on our end. It is the responsibility of the volunteer to check for voicemail or email messages from Volunteer Services BEFORE you travel to the site.
- Cancellation on the day of service: Report to the assigned meeting spot. If the site manager is not there, call him/her and inform the site manager that you arrived and are onsite. If the site manager does not answer, LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THE VOICEMAIL and then call Volunteer Services, 503-823-5121. If the site manager was unable to work that day due to illness or an emergency, and we can verify that you were at the site, at the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator, you MAY receive one (1) hour of credit.