SWCC is seeking additional Inclusion Assistants
to provide one-on-one support for campers
with disabilities in our summer camp programs.
Open House for interviews on Weds, July 10th from 5:30-7:30pm.
- BRING a completed application and current resume. Interview slots are are first come, first served. Please do not arrive before 5:15pm. When schedule is full, remaining applicants are invited to leave their application and resume for review.
- JOB DESCRIPTION: INCLUSION ASSISTANT, Age Requirement: 20 & Over
- DUTIES: Inclusion Assistants provide one on one support to campers with physical, developmental, behavioral and/or emotional disabilities as they integrate into daily camp life. Inclusion Assistants make adaptations to activities and crafts in order to ensure the camper’s successful participation. They are responsible for communicating with parents, counselors, and other staff regarding the needs of the participant. Inclusion Assistants may need to assist children under the age of 12 with toileting, changing, and/or swimming. They are assigned to individual campers each week and not to any one camp or program. Camps may include sports, games, crafts, cooking, science, nature, fieldtrips, and swimming depending on the participant age (3-12yrs) and abilities. Camps are held inside SWCC and outside in Gabriel Park.
- STARTING PAY RANGE: $9 – $10/hr depending on experience
- AVAILABILITY: Applicants must be available 7/15-8/30 for at least one shift option weekly. 8:45am-5:15pm, 8:45am-1:15pm, and/or 12:45-5:15pm. Before and After Care times may be needed as well: 7-8:45am & 5-6pm. Inclusion Assistant shift schedule is dependant on camper registration and attendance.
- Learn more about SWCC Camps
Southwest Community Center | 6820 SW 45th Ave | 503-823-2840 | www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/swcc