Nature Recess is for children age 5-11! Do you have a 5 or 6 year old? They can also attend our preschool programs - Lil' Nature Kids
Please read the WITHDRAWAL POLICY.
Nature Recess! (age 5-11)
Relive the exploration, games & play of Summer Nature Day Camp the whole year through! This after-school program for children ages 5-11 includes nature crafts, collections, stealth games, imaginary play, and more! Learning is done through exploration, this class is a way for older students to continue to connect to nature. Ratio of students to teacher is 6:1 or better. Classes meet after school on Thursdays at Mt Tabor Park. Fall and spring sessions are offered. Fall schedule will be available in August.
All signed up? Here's what you need to know!
WHAT TO BRING
Our programs are very active, and we are outside rain or shine. The children who have the most successful experiences are those who arrive with appropriate clothing, footwear, and food. (If you are worried about your child needing a change of clothes, send along some extra clothes in a large Ziploc bag!) Children should come to each day of the program with the following:
- Warm clothes, rain gear & rain boots as needed! (Remember that many of our parks are at elevation and along rivers and can feel colder than right outside your house!)
- We require hat & mittens each day of class during the school year!
- A substantial lunch to have along the trail (or a snack if you just ate lunch!)
- Water bottle (holds at least 8 oz of water)
- Comfortable backpack that’s an appropriate size/weight for your child to hold the snack and water bottle - we like kids to have free hands for exploring!
If it’s more than 5 business days from the start date, you can withdraw for a $10 administrative fee or switch classes without charge. Unfortunately, however, once we are within 5 business days of the start date of a class, we can no longer offer any refunds. By that time, our preschool naturalists have committed to teaching and we have scheduled the appropriate amount. If you have questions about the withdrawal policy, please give Chrissy Larson a call at 503-823-1149.