Hi everyone and happy Fitness Friday!
I hope you are all enjoying our transition to fall and with the large number of you in the fitness center and classes I see you're not letting a few grey days and rain affect your exercise routine. As the weather turns dark and cold it's easy to just want to home and snuggle so I wanted to remind you of all the great reasons to bundle up and get to SWCC!
1. Breaking a sweat instantly warms you up. Five minutes into a class, elliptical bout, or strength training session your body's temperature will rise making you feel all warm and cozy.
2. You get to see your neighbors. Grey skies can bring on the blues. Staying social is a great way to stay happy and motivated during these cold winter months. It also helps to know you're not in it alone and your peers are also continuing to work hard to stay in shape!
3. Believe it or not time flies and it will be spring/ summer before you know it and wouldn't it be nice to have a jump on your spring activities?
4. Stress relief. This time of year gets so hectic with parties and obligations to others, a quick sweat session will help you feel strong and in control of all the craziness the holidays can bring.
5. And speaking of holidays think of all the food and goodies that will be making their way into your mouth (and onto your waist line). Exercise can't correct calorie consumption completely, but it will help keep the numbers on the scale from escalating at an accelerated rate.
As always let us know how we can help you stay motivated this season!
Thanks for reading!