Andrew Ehrlich, Program Director
Play trios, quartets or other works for strings, winds and piano with peers! CMC’s Chamber music serves the musical development of young musicians by refining ensemble skills and interpretive abilities through instruction with some of the region’s top performing-artist instructors. Players are placed into chamber groups by audition (see below). Coaches selected from the CMC Faculty.
Days and times are assigned based on students' and coach availability. Coachings are one 45-minute session per week for 30 weeks during the school year. 10% discount for CMC String Lesson Program students. Violists and cellists receive a 20% discount.
Registration Deadline: August 31, 2015.
- This program is designed for intermediate to advanced music students from age 8 with at least 3 years of experience on their instrument.
- String players should be playing in positions and using vibrato
- All Chamber Group registrants take an audition for placement (see below for schedule)
- Payment is required to schedule an audition time
- Refund of fees will only be made for students not placed in a group
- The School Year Chamber Music Program is a September-to-June commitment
- The highest level of attendance, including program master classes and performances, is required
- Regular private instruction and practice on assignments outside of class is expected
$435 for 30 weeks through the school year ($145 per term for three 10-week terms). Need-based scholarships are available. Download our School Year Program Brochure for full information.
How to Apply
Call the CMC office at 503-823-3177 to schedule an audition.
Download Registration Form and Audition Information (PDF)
15 minute time slots-- Please call CMC if none of these times are possible for you.
Prepare a short piece or etude plus scales and sight-reading.
- Tuesday, August 25 2:00 - 6:30 pm
- Thursday, August 27 3:00 - 6:30 pm
- Monday, August 31 3:30 - 7:30 pm
30 weekly group meeting days/times are established individually for each group.See our catalog or online calendar for break weeks and closed days. This program is a school-year commitment.
- Begins: Sept 28, 2015
- Ends: June 5, 2016 (concert 7:00pm)
PERFORMANCES & MASTER CLASS
Final concert is Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 7:00 pm. Other performances such as Oregon Symphony Prelude TBA. At least one master class/special event during the year is included (date TBA).
What People are Saying
- "This is a FABULOUS program! My sons gained so much confidence and were just jubilant after rehearsals."
- "My children enjoy making music on their own but they LOVE what they can create by playing with others."
- "CMC’s instructors instilled confidence in my son. He learned about chamber music & had a defining musical experience performing with the peers in his group."
- "The coach was superb and brought such a perfect blend of fun, laughter, and delightful learning to the classroom each day."