CMC's Chamber Music Program School Year 2013-14
Andrew Ehrlich, program director
Play trios, quartets or other works for strings, winds & piano with peers! CMC’s Chamber music serves the musical development of young musicians by refining ensemble skills & interpretive abilities through instruction with some of the region’s top performing-artist instructors. Players are placed into chamber groups by audition (see below). Coaches selected from the CMC Faculty.
Days and times are assigned based on student's and coachers availability. Coachings are one 45-minute session per week for 30 weeks during the school year. 10% discount for CMC String Lesson Program students. Violists and cellists receive a 20% discount. Registration deadline: Thursday, Sep. 4, 2014.
Important Program Information
- This program is designed for intermediate to advanced music students from age 8 with at least 3 years of experience on their instrument. String players should be playing in positions & using vibrato
- All Chamber Group registrants take an audition for placement (see other side for schedule)
- Payment is required to schedule an audition time
- Refund of fees will only be made for students not placed in a group
- The School Year Chamber Music Program is a September-to-June commitment
- The highest level of attendance, including program master classes and performances, is required
- Regular private instruction and practice on assignments outside of class is expected
Fees for Chamber Music Program: $142/10-wk term CMC String Lesson Program students get 10%. Violists and Cellists receive a 20% discount. Need-based scholarships are available. Download our School Year Program Brochure for full information.
How to Apply Call the CMC office at 503-823-3177 to schedule an audition.
Auditions (15 min. slots)
Thursday, Aug. 28, 2:30 - 6:30
Wednesday, Sep. 3, 3:30 - 7:30
Thursday, Sep. 4, 3:30 - 7:30
Call CMC if none of these times are possible for you.
Registration Deadline: Thursday, Sep. 3
Fall Term: Sep 29 - Dec 13, 2013
Winter Term: Jan 5 - Mar 14, 2014
Spring Term: Mar 30 - Jun 6, 2014
Final Concert: Sunday, Jun 7, 2015 at 7:00 pm
Master Class TBA
What People are Saying...
► "This is a FABULOUS program! My sons gained so much confidence and were just jubilant after rehearsals."
► "My children enjoy making music on their own but they LOVE what they can create by playing with others."
► "CMC’s instructors instilled confidence in my son. He learned about chamber music & had a defining musical experience performing with the peers in his group."
► "The coach was superb and brought such a perfect blend of fun, laughter, and delightful learning to the classroom each day. "