Andrew Ehrlich, Program Director
July 5 - 16, 2015
Register now for Chamber Groups or Chamber Orchestra by calling 503-823-3177.
These two programs together make a great day-camp experience!
|Chamber Groups||Chamber Orchestra: Baroque Rules!|
|Play trios, quartets or other works for strings, winds & piano with peers! CMC’s Chamber music serves the musical development of young musicians by refining ensemble skills & interpretive abilities through instruction with some of the region’s top performing-artist instructors. Players are placed into chamber groups by audition (see below). Ensembles have one hour each day with their coach, then rehearse a second hour supervised by an intern coach. All groups perform their finished work at the end of the program.||When are ‘fast’ notes played slowly, and ‘slow’ notes played quickly? Are all notes that look the same treated the same? Get into the minds of composers like Bach, Telemann & Vivaldi, and discover new takes on old rules while playing masterpieces of the era. The orchestra is open to students who have achieved the level of repertoire in Suzuki Book 4 and above.|
How to Apply
- Call the CMC office at 503-823-3177 to reserve an audition time (Auditions June 2,4, & 6)
- Deadline to enroll: Saturday, June 6, 2016.
- Registration forms and audition information also available at communitymusiccenter.org
- This program is designed for intermediate to advanced players.
- Payment is required to schedule an audition time.
- There will be no refund of fees except for students not placed in a group.
- 100% attendance required for full two weeks plus final concert.
- June 2, 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- June 4, 10 am - 2 pm
- June 6, 3:15 pm - 6:30 pm
Auditions are 15 min. appointments each to guide the program director in assigning peer groups and repertoire. Call to CMC to schedule a time, and bring a prepared piece and two scales of your own choice.
PROGRAM DATES & TIMES
Tuesday, July 5 - Friday, July 15
- Chamber: 11:00 - 1:00 pm
- Orchestra: 1:30 - 3:00 pm
- Concert on Saturday, July 16, 2:00 pm
$275 (Portland residents) / $385 (non-residents)
Violists and Cellists receive a 20% discount
- $85 (Portland residents) / $119 (non-residents)
- 20% off for those participating in chamber music.
Need-based scholarships are available.
What People are Saying...
- "This is a FABULOUS program! My sons gained so much confidence and were just jubilant after rehearsals."
- "My child was self-motivated to practice more. I was quite surprised to see him working hard."
- "The coach was superb and brought such a perfect blend of fun, laughter, and delightful learning to the classroom each day. "
- "High quality program, wonderful instruction. Our son was excited to learn new things every day. He loves Baroque now."
- "Super coaches. Andrew puts together great ensembles & chooses awesome music."
- "Well organized and efficient."
About the Director
Andrew Ehrlich, chamber music program director & chamber orchestra conductor: BA Yale University; MM (violin performance) Illinois State University. Student of Bernard Eichen. Concertmaster: Portland Chamber Orchestra. Director of CMC Chamber Music Program since 2004. Other instructors from the CMC faculty; guest instructors from the Chamber Music Northwest Protégé Project as available.