Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

Parks & Recreation

Healthy Parks, Healthy Portland

Phone: 503-823-PLAY (7529)

Fax: 503-823-6007

1120 SW Fifth Ave., Suite 1302, Portland, OR 97204

Sign
Play area
Path
Creston Park
SE 44th Ave & Powell Blvd Locate this site in PortlandMaps

General Info
Acreage: 14.41
Acquired in 1920

Amenities
Includes accessible picnic area, accessible play area, accessible restroom, dog off-leash area, horseshoe pit, paths – paved, picnic site – reservable, picnic tables, playground, softball field, and tennis practice board.
Accessible Picnic Area Accessible Play Area Accessible Restroom Dog Off-Leash Area Horseshoe Pit Paths – Paved Picnic Site – Reservable Picnic Tables Playground Softball Field


Related Information
Creston OLA Map-Hours.pdf (PDF Document, 651.3 Kb)

Special Information
Park hours: 5:00am-10:00pm

To reserve a sports field or picnic area, call 503-823-2525. Picnic Site Maps & Info

Accessibility Information

Parking
- Parking lot & street parking
- 3 designated parking spaces
- Paved pathway to play area
- 500 feet to play area from parking lot with a moderate slope
- 50 feet to play area from street

Play Area
- Engineered mulch surface
- Ramp into play area

Play Equipment
- Sensory play elements

Other Amenities
- Accessible restroom

Wading Pool Update
PP&R has closed its wading pools for health and safety reasons, as required by new State of Oregon regulations. In 2002, an inventory and assessment of wading pools was completed. Based on those recommendations, as well as input from maintenance and planning staff, PP&R has identified 17 wading pools for replacement and 7 for elimination. Please read the FAQ for more information.

Historical Information
One of the new wave of multi-use neighborhood parks during the City Beautiful movement, this property became a park due to a bond issue for parks and playground expansion approved by voters in 1919. The natatorium (swim facility) was construced in 1925 along with two brick comfort stations. By 1926, tennis courts, horseshoe pits, and a ball field were added.