IMPORTANT - changes in park use information -
August 27, 2015 - June 20, 2017 The playground and southern end of Lillis-Albina Park is exclusively for Harriet Tubman Middle School use from 9am to 3pm on school days; open to community all other times.
View flier for more information.
Alternate playground: visit Dawson Park, 101 NE Stanton St, during park hours for an accessible playground and restroom, basketball courts, and splash pad.
Until 1947, this was known as Albina Park, since it is in what was once the City of Albina. In 1941, some residents requested that the park be renamed Mike Lillis Park. Michael Edward Lillis was a police officer on the Albina Park beat who was well-liked in that neighborhood. He had been a strong advocate for the park and the children in that area. Other neighbors felt that the park should keep its original name. In 1947, there was a compromise and since then the park has been named Lillis-Albina Park.