accessible play area, accessible restroom, basketball court, paths – paved, paths – unpaved, picnic tables, playground, soccer field, softball field, tennis court, and tennis court – lighted.
Park hours: 5:00am-midnight
To reserve a sports field, call 503-823-2525.
Parking - Parking lot
- 1 designated parking space
- Paved pathway to play area
- 100 feet to play area
Play Area - Engineered mulch surface
- Ramp into play area
Play Equipment - Transfer station
- Sensory play elements
Other Amenities - Accessible restroom
In the 1920s, this property was owned by Mayannah and Boudinot Seeley who allowed neighbors in the area to use it for games and recreation. In 1924, the Portland Heights Club presented a preliminary plan to the City for the development of the site, including a ball field, tennis courts, and restrooms. The City built a playground between 1925-27; it was operated by the Portland Heights Playground Association (PHPA). In 1929, the Seeleys sold the property to the PHPA who raised funds for the purchase by subscription. In 1943, the site was deeded to the City.