To reserve a sports field, please call 503-823-2525.
Parking - Street parking
- Paved pathway to play area
- 1/4 mile to play area
Play Area - Engineered mulch surface
- Ramp into play area
Play Equipment - Transfer station
Other Amenities - Accessible restroom
- Accessible picnic table
Wading Pool Update PP&R has closed its wading pools for health and safety reasons, as required by new State of Oregon regulations. In 2002, an inventory and assessment of wading pools was completed. Based on those recommendations, as well as input from maintenance and planning staff, PP&R has identified 17 wading pools for replacement and 7 for elimination. Please read the FAQ for more information.
Dedicated on July 27, 2014, the Alex Rovello Memorial Courts are the result of the efforts of Alex’s parents, Geri and Jim Rovello, who lost their son in a tragic accident in spring 2013. Alex learned to play tennis at the age of two at Berkeley Park. He went on to win four state singles titles, was a member of Cleveland High School’s only state championship team, and was a nationally ranked Junior Player in the USTA as well as an outstanding player at the University of Oregon. Berkeley Park had two neglected but well-loved courts that have now been renovated to USTA standards. Through generous contributions to the Alex Rovello Memorial Fund, these courts are a fitting tribute to Alex. For more information, visit Alex Rovello Memorial Courts
Berkeley Park was purchased as part of a 20-acre neighborhood tract in 1941 with funds from a 1938 tax levy. Housing was developed except for a 6.5 acre tract which was designated for a potential park. In 1946, Park Superintendent C.P. Keyser thought Berkeley was too costly to develop. With three sides already having housing, it was thought the area would best be used for additional housing. The neighbors disagreed and petitioned for the property to be developed as a park. The neighborhood succeeded and Berkeley Park was developed.