This is the spot once occupied by the Portland Country Club. The first nine holes of today's golf course used to be one of four racetracks which are now park property. A spectacle sponsored by the American Legion featured a head-on collision between two locomotives. This was also the first landing field for airplanes in the vicinity. The clubhouse was built in 1932 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Today, this golf course features challenging long par 4s and tree-lined fairways.