News story posted to oregonlive.com January 22, 2015.
News story posted to portlandmonthlymag.com January 19, 2015.
New story posted to komonews.com January 21, 2015.
Read PBEM's progress report on what the bureau did in 2014.
2014 was a busy year at the Portland Bureau of Emergency Management. Over the past 12 months, we:
- Opened the City's new emergency coordination center;
- Completed several new disaster plans for debris management, continuity of operations, and damage assessment;
- Tested Portland's community emergency notification system through PublicAlerts.org;
- Trained 763 students through classes sponsored by the bureau;
- Supported the City's response to a major snow and ice storm;
- Increased the number of active Neighborhood Emergency Team volunteers;
- Managed $7.9 million in grant funds;
- And did much, much more.
Please take a few minutes and review our annual progress report for an update on what we've been doing.
And if you want to see where we're headed, check out our three-year strategic plan.
News story posted to oregonlive.com January 8, 2015.