Event takes place Monday, June 22nd from 4-6:00 p.m. at the Matt Dishman Community Center Auditorium (77 NE Knott Street, Portland OR 97212).
Portland is at risk from natural hazards like earthquakes, floods, and winter storms, and PBEM is seeking to better understand how those events impact Portlanders so that together we can increase our community’s resilience to disasters.
Over the next 18 months we’ll be updating our natural hazard mitigation plan using an equity lens—looking to identify and prioritize projects that will improve the safety of all Portlanders. These projects may then be funded by FEMA or by the City.
The NHMP Kickoff Meeting is June 22nd from 4:00pm to 6:00pm at the Matt Dishman Community Center Auditorium! Click here for details.
Why should you attend?
- Hear a presentation from special guest speaker Courtney Ochs titled "Losing Community: Lessons from Hurricane Katrina."
- Learn how to get involved in building Portland's resilience, and why it's important.
- Better understand your natural risks.
- Ensure that your community's needs are considered.
- There will be snacks, and kids are welcome!
Interpretation is available if requested prior to the meeting.
For more information, visit https://www.portlandoregon.gov/pbem/67578.