ResiliencePDX is a free one-day emergency preparedness expo taking place on Saturday, June 2nd from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at King Elementary School in NE Portland (4906 NE 6th Avenue). Participating agencies include the City of Portland, Multnomah County, the Oregon Red Cross, the Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods and more then 30 other groups from around Portland.
At the expo you will learn valuable life-saving emergency skills, share knowledge, and get questions answered by a diverse group of disaster experts.
Topics covered at the expo include the following:
- How to safely drink water from the Willamette River or any other fresh water source;
- What to do when your toilet no longer flushes;
- Tips on buying and preserving food for long-term storage;
- How to cook when the power goes out;
- How to organize your neighbors;
- Ways in which bicycles can be used to transport hundreds of pounds of cargo;
- Information on using social media and other technologies in a disaster; and
- How to properly extinguish a fire.
Click here for more information about the event.