This online, introductory level training offers the basics of personal preparedness. Residents learn to make their households resilient to any type of emergency. Topics include: an overview of hazards in the Portland area, how to assemble an emergnecy kit, how to make a family emergency plan and how to stay informed. Upon completion of this class, participants will be required to pass a short online quiz.
Click here or on the image below to begin the online training.
There are seventeen videos in the series. You can watch each one individually at the following links:
- Introduction: What to Do During an Earthquake
- Elements of an Emergency Preparedness Kit
- Assembling an Emergency Preparedness Kit
- Introduction to Neighborhood Emergency Teams (NETs)
- Emergency Preparedness for People with Disabilities
- Review: How to Prepare for an Emergency
- Preparing Pets for an Emergency
- Emergency Sanitation and Hygiene
- Earthquake Awareness
- Volcano Awareness
- Tsunami Awareness
- Landslide Awareness
- Flood, Tornado and Windstorm Awareness
- Wildland/Urban Interface Fire Awareness
- Planning for Resilience & Emergency Preparedness (PREP)
- How to Shut Off Utilities
- Understanding Smoke Detectors
Once you have finished watching each video, click here or on the image below to take the online quiz. You will be asked to enter a username and password. Contact Jeremy Van Keuren for log-in information.