After working more than two years to implement recommendations, the Portland Bureau of Emergency Management (PBEM) is pleased to share the results of a new follow-up audit from Portland City Auditor LaVonne Griffin-Valade. In this report, Griffin-Valade highlights "significant" improvements. PBEM has:
- created an all-new, multi-year strategic plan guiding PBEM's emergency management goals
- measurably improved coordination among key partners
- increased public alert and notification capabilities
- increased the frequency of emergency preparedness training and exercises
- clarified and codified emergency management roles
- taken clear, consistent steps in preparing residents for earthquakes and other hazards.