The Portland Bureau of Emergency Management (PBEM) is seeking public comment on the bureau’s draft strategic plan for 2014-2016. PBEM’s overall mission is to protect lives, the environment and property through a coordinated and effective emergency management program. The three-year strategy works toward this mission by building on the previous strategic plan and bringing forward new projects and initiatives. The following overarching goals are included in the plan:
- Expand and maintain a complete suite of mitigation, response and recovery plans that meet objective standards of high professional achievement in the field of emergency management.
- Advance Emergency Coordination Center (ECC) readiness.
- Inspire a culture of preparedness.
- Integrate emergency management into broader community-oriented goals and investment strategies.
- Adopt equity and diversity goals as part of a whole community approach to emergency preparedness.
Click here to read the draft plan and click here to provide feedback. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until October 28th.