On Wednesday (12/11), Portland City Council unanimously adopted PBEM's 2014-2016 strategic plan. Click here to read the full-text of the document. The plan lays out a three-year strategy around five primary goals:
- Expand and maintain a complete suite of mitigation, response and recovery plans that meet objective standards of high professional achievement in the field of emergency management.
- Advance Emergency Coordination Center (ECC) readiness.
- Inspire a culture of preparedness.
- Integreate emergency management into broader community-oriented goals and investment strategies.
- Adopt equity and diversity goals as part of a whole community approach to emergency preparedness.