The Coordinating Committee to End Homelessness (CCEH) meeting is on March 20.
The committee will take on the second part of a community conversation about effective Housing First and rapid re-housing programs. Participants are invited to share their programs’ successes and challenges, and respond to these questions:
- Housing First presents a philosophical shift for many social service providers. In what areas have you embraced and/or struggled with the Housing First philosophy?
- What core elements/concepts of Housing First are included in your program?
- Housing First, as an evidence-based practice, is designed to serve a specific population. How have you adjusted your programming to fit the population(s) you serve (include a description of what group(s) the program serves)?
- What types of support and retention services does your program offer to people after they are housed? What do your case load sizes look like?
- Are there services and/or partnerships which are needed – but not being met – by the people you serve, to maintain their success in housing?
We will also hear updates on the Multnomah County budget and the City of Gresham.
The CCEH meeting:
3 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 20
First United Methodist Church, Room 202
1838 S.W. Jefferson St.
To help ensure equal access to City programs, services and activities, the City of Portland will reasonably modify policies/procedures and provide auxiliary aids/services to persons with disabilities. Call 503-823-2391 or TTY 503-823-6868 with such requests or visit www.portlandonline.com/ADA_Forms.