To help prepare applicants for a police officer career and the hiring process, the Personnel Division offers workshops and practice physical abilities tests. See descriptions below for topics included and intended audiences.
For scheduling updates check back later or follow our Facebook page.
General Career Information Workshop
- Useful for people who are beginning to think about policing as a career and want to know more about daily duties and experiences of a police officer
- What an individual can do to prepare themselves for the career.
- Opportunity to speak with police officers about daily job routines, internal race or gender concerns, likes/dislike about the career.
Statement of Personal History Workshop
- Useful for people who have decided they want to become a police officer as a career.
- Best for those who are still at least a few months away from applying - as the SPH takes time to complete.
- Explain step-by-step instrcutions for SPH - including format and content.
- Discuss Required Documents that will accomany the SPH.
August 3, 2014
|10:30 am - 12:30 pm||Multnomah County Library - Midland - 805 SE 122nd Ave, Portland|
- Most useful for people who have already applied for a test.
- Covers step-by-step specifics of the written test
- Reviews oral interview process so applicant will know what to expect at the Oral Interview
- Discuss scenario question expectations
|August 16, 2014||10:00am - 12:00pm||
North Precinct, 449 NE Emerson Street, Portland
|August 30, 2014||10:00am - 12:00pm||
City Bible, 9200 NE Fremomt St, Portland
Practice Physical Abilities Test
- Useful for anyone who is curious about what it will take to pass the physical ability test
- Most useful at least a few months ahead of test time to allow for more preparation, if necessary.
- The Personnel Division will not keep any scores - Practice PAT is simply an opportunity to experience the course
- Physical Abilities Test Guide
- VIDEO - PAT Demonstration
|September 13, 2014||10:00 am - 2:00 pm||
PCC- Cascade - Gym