313.10, Gratuities, Gifts, Rewards, Etc.
- City Code 3.20.080 Police Receiving Gifts and Employing Attorneys; Penalty for Violation
- Except as expressly approved by the Chief of Police, members shall not solicit or accept any gratuity or any other thing of value where there is any connection, however remote, between such offer or solicitation and the member’s employment. Members shall neither directly nor indirectly solicit nor accept:
- Any gratuities of merchandise, meals, beverages, or any other thing of value that might tend to influence their own or any other employee’s actions in any matter of police business or cast an adverse reflection on the Bureau or any of its members.
- Any discounted services or merchandise whatsoever as a result of their Bureau employment, unless such discount is routinely offered to various groups or individuals and not limited to Bureau members.
- Any gift or gratuity from other employees if such items would adversely effect the actions of the employees in connection with police operations.
- Any reward for services rendered incident to their position or duty as a member of the Bureau.
- Free admission to theatres and other places of amusement for themselves or others, except in the line of duty.
- A member shall immediately report to the Chief of Police’s office, through channels, any offer or attempt to offer, any gift, fee, or other reimbursement that may be made in an effort to affect their official conduct.
PROVIDE FEEDBACK: Use this FORM