338.00, Discipline Guide
· City Human Resources Administrative Rules
· Portland City Code
· DIR 330.00 Internal Affairs, Complaint Investigation Process
· DIR 333.00 Criminal Investigations of Portland Police Employees
· DIR 334.00 Performance Deficiencies
· DIR 335.00 Discipline Process
· DIR 336.00 Police Review Board
· Discipline Guide: A matrix used to provide direction to an RU Manager, the Police Review Board (PRB), or the Chief when determining appropriate discipline.
1. The current Discipline Guide will be posted on the Intranet for the consideration of all Bureau members.
2. The Professional Standards Division will include a copy of the Discipline Guide when providing case materials to an RU Manager, the PRB or the Chief for review and findings.
3. Bureau members involved in the disciplinary process will use the Discipline Guide in making their recommendations.
4. The Discipline Guide provides presumptive discipline for different types of offenses. This presumptive discipline may be modified based on mitigating and/or aggravating factors and the disciplinary history of the involved member.
5. If a member makes a recommendation for discipline that falls outside the Discipline Guide, that member must document their reasoning in a memorandum.
PROVIDE FEEDBACK: Use this FORM