Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

Police Bureau

Sworn to protect. Dedicated to serve.

Phone: 503-823-0000

Fax: 503-823-0342

Non-Emergency: 503-823-3333

1111 S.W. 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97204

0060.40 Personnel Orders



  • DIR 210.21  Leaves Of Service
  • Transfer Request (Personnel)
  • Personnel Action Form (Personnel)
  • Separation Form (Personnel)
  • Applicable Collective Bargaining Units
  • Applicable City of Portland Human Resources Administration Rule


PROCEDURE (060.40)

All members requesting an assignment transfer must submit a Transfer Request through channels to the Personnel Division (Personnel).

Those members resigning or retiring must submit a completed Separation Form through channels to Personnel.

All other movements must be submitted on a completed Personnel Action Form and/or related forms through channels to Personnel. All member movements must be authorized by Personnel and Fiscal Services (Fiscal) in coordination with the Bureau of Human Resources (BHR) and approval of the Branch chief(s).


Personnel will process and archive all Personnel Orders and distribute copies to all RUs and the applicable bargaining units. RU managers will post all distributed Personnel Orders on their Directive Display Board for at least one month after which the orders may be destroyed.