Mission of the RDPO
The mission of the RDPO is to build and maintain regional disaster preparedness capabilities in the Portland Metropolitan Region through strategic and coordinated planning, training and exercising, and investment in technology and specialized equipment.
Vision of the RDPO
The vision of the RDPO is to create a secure and disaster-resilient region in which local agencies, organizations, and communities are coordinated and prepared to prevent, protect against, mitigate, respond to, and recover from threats and hazards of great risk to the Portland Metropolitan Region.
- Provide opportunities for all jurisdictions and disaster preparedness organizations in the five‑county region to participate
- Strive for a holistic regional perspective while honoring and respecting each partner’s autonomy
- Demonstrate organizational value to all members
- Practice transparency, accountability, and financial stewardship
- Ensure equity and fairness in adopting regional policies
- Make decisions by consensus whenever possible
- Use a whole community approach in which all stakeholder groups are integrated and considered
- Build upon existing strengths and ensure capability investments are maintained
- Use the National Preparedness Goal as a guide for enhancing regional preparedness across all mission areas