Sue Mohnkern is a Registered Nurse, with many years of experience working in Intensive Care, Traumatic Brain Injury Research, and now Public Health. She has a Masters Degree in Public Health (biostatistics and epidemiology), and has been with Washington County for 12 years as the Public Health Emergency Preparedness Program Supervisor.
Sue became the RDPO Program Committee chair following a year serving in the Vice Chair role. Before that, Sue served as the chair of the Public Health Work Group and has been a staunch supporter of regional preparedness work.
- MPH in Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Oregon Health Sciences University, 2004
- Public Health Preparedness Program Supervisor, Washington County Dept. of Health and Human Services since April, 2003
- Presenter at the CDC/NACCHO Preparedness Summit in 2008 and 2013
- Served on NACCHO Pan Flu Workgroup 2007-2009
- Presented at State of Oregon Pandemic Flu Overview Conference, 2006
- Presented at Oregon Refuse and Recycling Assoc. Annual Conference, Sept. 2008 on Pandemic Influenza (keynote speaker)
- Chair, Assoc. of Oregon Public Health Nursing Supervisors, 2005-2006
- Poster Presentation at CDC/AMA 2nd National Congress on Health System Readiness in Washington,DC