Markowitz, Herbold, Glade & Mehlhaf is a premier trial and litigation boutique specializing in complex, high stakes business disputes involving securities, corporate governance, intellectual property, unfair competition, business torts, banking, professionals and fiduciaries, contractual rights, real estate, directors and officers and employer and employee rights.
Their lawyers practice before state and federal trial and appellate courts in the Northwest and across the country.
- The sustainability committee oversees a scholarship fund to incentivize and reward employees for their sustainable behaviors outside the office.
- The firm provides free Trimet passes and Zipcar memberships to employees that do not drive to work.
- A member of the sustainability committee acts as Bicycle Liaison to help new bike commuters with questions, route information and bicycling best practices.
- The firm hosts an annual Sustainability Lunch for employees to highlight the firm’s environmental achievements in addition to educational meetings throughout the year on sustainable topics.
Offsets and RECs are purchased every year from the Bonneville Environmental Foundation to offset the firm’s energy use and all business travel, including daily commute miles.
- The firm offers recycling beyond the standard (paper, metal, plastic and glass) to include toner cartridges, cork, batteries, plastic bags and other non-curbside plastics.
- Compost receptacles are provided in all eating areas.
- Employees receive a weekly email newsletter highlighting a sustainable topic, event or theme.
3000 Pacwest Center, 1211 SW Fifth Ave, Portland, OR 97204