Procurement Services is the City of Portland agency responsible for soliciting, executing and tracking the City’s contracts. In Fiscal Year 2010-2011, the City entered into contracts exceeding $365,000,000 in value. Delivering the best value to our customers includes more than securing the lowest prices for services and commodities. The City of Portland recognizes that it is a major regional consumer entrusted to spend public monies in the most responsible manner and it must include economic, social and environmental equity into its contracting.
- Office practices include: recycling, composting, paper on both sides, using energy saving settings on electronic equipment, and purchasing paper products with recycled content.
- Procurement Services works with vendors and City Bureaus to incorporate sustainability goals into City contracts. For example, in 2010, they worked with their office supply vendor to have orders delivered by a local trike delivery company.
- Procurement Services is a founding member of the national Sweatfree Purchasing Consortium, which assists member governments in meeting their goals for responsible sweatshop-free purchasing.
- Procurement Services continues to build capacity to ensure City uniforms are not made in sweatshop working conditions.
- Procurement Services is actively engaged in its community. They participate in a diverse array of events, committees, and organizations. Examples include:
- Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs events & advisory board
- Small Business Advisory Council, member
- Summer Youth Connect participating agency
1120 SW 5th Ave Room 750 Portland, OR 97204