Southpark, a contemporary seafood restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is inspired by the amazing farmers, fishers and winemakers of the region. Located in the heart of Portland’s cultural core, the historic South Park Blocks, Southpark is the window into Portland’s Arts and Cultural District where guests can relax and take in the vibrant energy of downtown.
- Proudly supports organic farmers and local ranchers whenever possible (Steve Rogers from Singing Pig Farm, Gene Thiel from Prairie Creek Farms, Conscious Cultivation and many others).
- Local wines highlighted on wine list.
- Food waste is reduced through from-scratch cooking techniques that utilize as much of the food as possible, such as bread ends used to create croutons and bread crumbs and fish and meat bones used for stocks.
- Thorough recycling and composting program.
- Eliminated use of plastic wrap (25 feet per night) to cover all liquor spouts by creating drilled out corks to use as stoppers. Further eliminated plastic wrap in the kitchen by purchasing containers with lids.
- Installed a bike corral in front of the restaurant (one of only four downtown), in partnership with the City of Portland.
- Encourages employee engagement with sustainability through a monthly drawing for a “green award” which is a restaurant gift card given to any employee who walks, bikes or takes public transportation to work or who demonstrates leadership in the restaurant’s sustainable practices.
901 SW Salmon St, Portland, OR 97205