FMYI [for my innovation] is a collaboration software company with a commitment to the triple bottom line. This social enterprise was founded in 2004 with sustainability embedded into its mission. FMYI’s platform combines a social network with project management, contact tracking, and resource sharing workflow features. FMYI is the only collaboration software company certified as a B Corporation.
FMYI won a BEST Awards for their triple-bottom-line business model, helping their clients become more sustainable, and going above and beyond to support employees and the community.
- BEST Award winner, 2012 – BEST Practices for Sustainability: Very Small Organization
- FMYI updated its purchasing policy to include 50% or greater post consumer waste in all paper products (printing, business cards, flyers, etc.).
- FMYI became a Certified B Corporation in 2010.
- Minimizing travel emissions by offering 100% subsidized Trimet passes, Zipcar memberships, providing a company bike for short trips, allowing employees to work remotely, and by meeting with clients in a virtual space -- which has reduced corporate travel by over 40%.
- Employees are allowed to volunteer during the business day and receive unlimited vacation and sick time.
- Every employee goes through Natural Step training and participates in Northwest Earth Institute discussion courses.
- 2011 launch of Change Agents Unite, an online community platform to solve environmental, social and business issues through the power of digital collaboration.
- Organizations such as Mercy Corps, Hope for Haiti, and the Aflac Cancer Center post up their challenges to the wider community and receive feedback and ideas.
240 N Broadway, Ste 126, Portland, OR 97227