Since 1898, the Oregon Historical Society has served as the state’s premier historical arm, preserving the significant cultural traditions of the diverse peoples of Oregon. It has received high honors for its exhibits, research library, historical journal, and educational programs. The museum is home to many fascinating exhibits, including two permanent Oregon history exhibits. The research library has one of the most comprehensive collections of local, state, and regional history in the country. The Society’s priceless collections include 85,000 artifacts, 2.5 million photographs, 25,000 maps, 12,000 linear feet of manuscript materials, 35,000 books, and a film archive of 15,000 titles.
- Energy efficient lighting.
- Cleaning products are green certified.
- Sustainable catering practices are used for events.
- Non-emergency indoor lights are turned off each night.
- Maps and web-resources for biking, transit, carpooling and walking are provided for employees.
- Sheltered bike parking is provided for employees.
- Transportation options are displayed on website for guests.
- Measure garbage and recycling, energy and water use, and employee commuting, for tracking ongoing improvements.
1200 SW Park Ave Portland, OR 97205