Food Front Cooperative Grocery Store was established in 1972 in northwest Portland, and opened their Hillsdale location in 2008. They are a cooperative business owned by approximately 10,000 people. Bridging the gap between local producers and consumers, they fill the shelves with the local, seasonal flavors so customers can eat colorfully and live vibrantly.
- Food Front Cooperative Grocery Stores buy from and support local producers, helping them get their products onto the shelves.
- Produce department buys direct from small local farms, supporting our local economy and environment.
- Fresh seafood is purchased from sustainable sources and buyers attend Sustainable Seafood Training classes.
- Three major supplies have 30% or greater post-consumer recycled content.
- Any and all excess edible food is donated daily to local food donation programs.
- We offer our staff discounted Transit passes every day.
- All fats, oil and grease are managed in accordance with Portland’s Preferred Pumper Program.