Founded in 1973 by glass artist Eric Lovell, now some 50 men and women at Uroboros Glass push the limits of technology and traditional handmade craftsmanship to produce the most unique and creative glass Art Glass styles to be found anywhere. The company produces over 3000 colored and specialty glass products, primarily in sheet, frit, rod and billet forms. Even as the glassmaking process requires high energy use, the company is proud to be environmentally conscious. They minimize waste, reuse and recycle energy, water, and materials in many ways, and choose environment-friendly packaging whenever possible.
- Decreased energy consumption by 20% with waste heat recovery measures and improved insulation design on glass furnaces, and through ongoing conversion to more energy efficient motors, plant lighting, copiers, etc.
- Recycle 100% of glass waste materials by segregating these by-products.
- Decreased manufacturing process water consumption by utilizing water recycling and cooling equipment.
- Developed a process for internal glassification of all hazardous waste materials resulting in zero hazmat disposal needs.
- Decreased garbage volume by one-third, while increasing recyclables volume two-fold.
2139 N Kerby Ave Portland OR 97227