ERM is a leading provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting, and sustainability-related services. With 140 offices in 39 countries, ERM employs more than 5,000 people. In the Pacific Northwest, (Portland, Seattle, and Bellingham) 70 plus environmental professionals deliver innovative solutions to helping ERM clients understand and manage their sustainability challenges.
ERM’s Portland office embraced the company’s commitment to sustainability during the design of their new office. An efficient design, technology (video conferencing, and “hot desking”), recyclable materials, and a safe and healthy work environment were at the heart of the design.
- Office is centrally located to support 75% of staff who commute via walking, biking, or public transit.
- Secured bike parking, showers, car share program, and transit passes provided to all staff.
- Paperless alternatives are used whenever possible and paper is post-consumer recycled content, printed on both sides.
- Durable dishware is used in office and when possible at external events.
- Comprehensive recycling program includes composting, paper, glass, aluminum, cardboard, and electronics and battery recycling.
- Energy efficient lighting throughout building, and motion sensors in common corridors and restrooms for energy efficiency (reduced annual power use 37%).
- Low flow aerators in restroom sinks and auto shut-off sensors for water savings.
- Modular furniture is 94.6% recyclable; designed for easy replacement and end-of-life recycling.
- Ergonomic workstations are designed to be fully adjustable to individual needs.
- Carpet tiles contain recycled content and are manufactured using renewable energy. They are 100% recyclable and allow for small-scale replacement.
- LEED-compliant cleaning procedures include green certified cleaning products.
Global sustainability policy includes annual action plans, training, and external reporting.
1001 SW 5th Ave Ste 1010, Portland, OR 97204