Fortis Construction, Inc. is an employee-owned, mid-sized general contractor committed to building a lasting impression, one project at a time. They add value to each construction project through superior services, including sustainability expertise, virtual 3-D modeling, accurate estimating, construct-ability review, construction management, in-house MEP resources and integrated commissioning. Their leadership in sustainable construction arises out of the core principles of their business. Healthcare, higher education, data centers and commercial tenant improvements are their specialties.
- Reduced waste and increased recycling significantly by removing trash cans at employees’ desks. Recycling containers are provided at each workspace, and garbage and compost collection is at a central location.
- Modified existing procedures to significantly reduce their paper use and their vendors’.
- All paper products are 30% post-consumer recycled content or higher.
- Electronics are donated to a local organization for refurbishing and reuse in the community.
- Recycling and composting are monitored and measured, and monthly numbers are shared with staff.
- Numerous Fortis construction projects have adopted the recycling and composting system set up in the office.
- Fortis has built over 20 LEED certified buildings and has over 25 LEED AP or GA accredited employees.
1705 SW Taylor St, Ste 200, Portland OR 97205