HDR is a global employee-owned firm providing architecture, engineering, consulting, construction and related services. Their design, construction, planning, and operations services are offered in market sectors as diverse as power generation, transportation, water, and environmental sciences. They specialize in sustainable design and construction in renewable energy, grid infrastructure, power generation, transportation, architecture and healthcare.
HDR’s Portland office is home to 180 staff members whose talent and know-how are changing the world for the better. HDR formally established a Sustainability Program over 15 years ago, tasked with integrating sustainability into all business practices.
- Collect “non-curbside” items such as plastic bottle caps and grocery bags for recycling
- Composting set up in every kitchen and select conference rooms, thereby diverting ~175 lbs of compost from landfills every week
- Recycling containers provided at each desk and at central collection areas
- Public transportation commute subsidies offered to all employees
- Centrally located in the LEED Gold Congress Building downtown, with easy access to public transportation