Melvin Mark is the region’s oldest privately-owned commercial real estate services provider. With roots going back to 1945, the 50-plus person enterprise oversees the leasing and management of nearly three million square feet of high-performance space. Their interconnected network of companies offers a breadth of real estate services. With their 20-year commitment to sustainable management practices, their tenants enjoy energy efficient buildings that offer comfortable and healthy work environments. By fostering a culture of sustainability among their employees, and sharing this culture with their tenants, they hope to make a meaningful impact on the health and vitality of the environment and community.
- Investments in high efficiency heating and cooling systems, controls and energy efficient lighting throughout their Portland properties save 8,000,000 KW hrs of energy per year compared to their 1990 base year.
- Many of their Portland commercial buildings participate in Pacific Power’s Blue Sky program, NW Natural’s Smart Energy Program and PGE’s Clean Wind Program.
- Their internal Green Marks team organizes building-wide events such as Earth Day celebrations, transportation events and recycling trainings. Melvin Mark also distributes their own sustainability information through a new 2012 Green Newsletter, a new sustainability website and Green Scorecards with sustainable building information.
- In 2012, Melvin Mark installed six electric vehicle-charging stations throughout three west-side properties, available to the community as well as tenants.
- Melvin Mark added secured bike storage to three downtown Portland locations and provides annual Tri-Met transit passes for all internal employees.
Melvin Mark’s Columbia Square at SW First and Columbia was the first existing commercial building in the United States to earn the 4 Globes Rating from the Green Building Initiative. Crown Plaza at SW First and Market also received a 3 Globes Rating from GBI.
111 SW Columbia Ste 1380 Portland, OR 97201