The Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) is a non-profit organization working to maximize energy efficiency to meet our future energy needs. NEEA is supported by and works in partnership with the Bonneville Power Administration, Energy Trust of Oregon and more than 100 Northwest utilities for the benefit of more than 12 million energy consumers. NEEA uses the market power of the region to accelerate the innovation and adoption of energy-efficient products, services and practices. Since 1997, NEEA and its partners have saved enough energy to power more than 568,400 homes each year. NEEA won a BEST Award for truly walking the talk of a green office through impressive sustainable building and office practices and pushing their property manager to adopt green practices through a green lease agreement.
- BEST Award winner, 2012 – BEST Practices for Sustainability: Medium Organization
NEEA’s high-performance lighting design uses 53 percent less energy than required in Oregon code.
- Water-efficiency measures in NEEA’s offices use 44 percent less water than a comparable space without these efficiencies.
- One hundred percent of furniture in NEEA’s space is certified as meeting requirements for healthy indoor quality.
- Majority of the building materials contain no or low-VOC content, a key component of indoor air quality.
- During construction 95 percent of the waste was diverted from landfills, while 29 percent of the construction materials contained high-recycled content.
- An occupancy sensor at each workstation allows for equipment to be turned off automatically when the workstation is vacant resulting in reduced plug loads.
- A battery-backed power source was installed for emergency power, allowing all lights to be turned off at night.
- In house bikes and bike parking, tire repair kit and “bike buddy” map, as well as quarterly transportation surveys, pre-tax transport passes and purposely locating on the bus mall all promote non-vehicular transportation.
- Negotiated Green Lease agreement, wherein the property management implements sustainable whole-building practices, including sustainable cleaning chemicals and equipment, and supports NEEA in maintaining LEED for Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI) Platinum certification.
421 SW Sixth Ave., Suite 600 Portland, OR 97204