The Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) is an alliance of more than 140 utilities and energy efficiency organizations working on behalf of more than 13 million energy consumers. NEEA is dedicated to accelerating both electric and gas energy efficiency, leveraging its regional partnerships to advance the adoption of energy-efficient products, services and practices.
Since 1997, NEEA and its partners have saved enough energy to power more than 700,000 homes each year. As the second-largest resource in the Northwest, energy efficiency can offset most of our new demand for energy, saving money and keeping the Northwest a healthy and vibrant place to live.
- BEST Award winner, 2012 – BEST Practices for Sustainability: Medium Organization
- NEEA’s high-performance lighting design uses 53 percent less energy than required in Oregon code.
- Water-efficiency measures in NEEA’s offices use 44 percent less water than a comparable space without these efficiencies.
- One hundred percent of furniture in NEEA’s space is certified as meeting requirements for healthy indoor quality.
- Majority of the building materials contain no or low-VOC content, a key component of indoor air quality.
- During construction 95 percent of the waste was diverted from landfills, while 29 percent of the construction materials contained high-recycled content.
- An occupancy sensor at each workstation allows for equipment to be turned off automatically when the workstation is vacant resulting in reduced plug loads.
- A battery-backed power source was installed for emergency power, allowing all lights to be turned off at night.
- In house bikes and bike parking, tire repair kit and “bike buddy” map, as well as quarterly transportation surveys, pre-tax transport passes and purposely locating on the bus mall all promote non-vehicular transportation.
- Negotiated Green Lease agreement, wherein the property management implements sustainable whole-building practices, including sustainable cleaning chemicals and equipment, and supports NEEA in maintaining LEED for Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI) Platinum certification.
421 SW Sixth Ave., Suite 600 Portland, OR 97204