Founded in 1952, Waterleaf Architecture, Interiors & Planning offers talented, hands-on architects and designers dedicated to creating smart, sustainable buildings and interiors that reflect our communities. In the 50 years Waterleaf has been active in the Pacific Northwest, the firm has consistently worked to create innovative, elegant design solutions with a passion for the environment and awareness of their work’s impact, reinforcing a firm-wide commitment to sustainability.
- Purchasing policies focus on local resources with sustainable/recycled content. All paper products contain a minimum 30% post-consumer recycled content and all copy paper is 100% post-consumer recycled content.
- Paperless alternatives are used whenever possible. Paper printed on only one side is collected and repurposed into sketchbooks.
- Commute methods are measured and monitored with over half the office using public transit or car-pooling.
- Secure bicycle parking and showers are provided and participation in BTA’s Bike Commute Challenge is encouraged.
- TriMet passes are provided by the office for employee use for work-related trips.
- The office participates in recycling and composting programs, including extra plastics. Hazardous waste such as batteries or electronics are collected and properly recycled. Unwanted usable materials are donated to SCRAP or similar organizations.
- Bicycle delivery services are used for local deliveries.
- Catered lunches are served family-style to reduce waste, and disposable paper products are discouraged.
- The office is located in the renovated historic Telegram Building and the large operable windows offer daylighting and natural ventilation. ENERGY STAR appliances, daylight dimming and occupancy sensors reduce energy costs and low-flow fixtures and dual-flush toilets reduce office water consumption.
- Staff volunteer several times a year with organizations such as Architects in Schools, Friends of Trees, and Depave, as well as giving charitable donations.
419 SW 11th Ave. Ste. 200, Portland, OR 97205