AECOM (formerly URS Corporation) is a leading provider of engineering, construction, technical, and environmental services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The company offers a full range of planning, design and engineering, transportation, systems engineering, operations and environmental services as well as discrete and integrated sustainability services.
Within the Portland office, AECOM has an active Green Team which promotes energy efficiency, recycling, waste reduction, composting, commuter health and safety, and green community events. AECOM believes that by setting goals and working together as a business, and as individuals, we can manage the impacts of natural resource consumption.
- Environmental Ethics Statement was written and conveyed to clients and staff.
- Developed and published a Sustainability in Action statement.
- Water and electrical conservation signage throughout office.
- Subsidized bus pass program available to all employees.
- Locker room and showers available for bike commuters.
- Use of durable goods in kitchens including silverware, dishes, kitchen towels.
- Developed Purchasing Policy for vendors.
- Purchase recycled content copy paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, other office supplies when possible.
- Tenant improvements included energy efficient appliances, low VOC paint, low VOC and recycled carpet tiles, marmoleum.
- Use of motion detection lights in offices.
- Donate furniture, art and office supplies to schools and charities.
- Organize reuse of pens, markers, office supplies.
- Recycling centers in conference rooms for meetings.
- Compost receptacles set up throughout the office.
- Recycle glass, metal, plastics, food waste, paper, phone batteries, printer toner cartridges.
- Plastic bag recycling program.
- Default double-side and black/white printing and copying.
- Volunteer for tree plantings, beach cleanups, day of service events.
- Tech talks with Energy Trust, Bicycle Transportation Alliance, Waste Management.
- Staff bring in produce/flowers from their home gardens to share/swap with coworkers.
- Use Zipcar car sharing program instead of company fleet cars.
- Offer carbon offset option to clients in proposals.
- Replaced bottled water/water cooler with plumbed water and filter.
- Sponsors the NEBC Energy Forum, a monthly meeting and discussion of leading edge energy technology and policy topics.
- Held tech talks with Energy Trust, Bicycle Transportation Alliance, Waste Management.
111 SW Columbia Ste 1500, Portland, OR 97201
View Larger Map