B-line is a unique transportation company that utilizes human-powered, electric-assisted freight tricycles to deliver products to the urban core of Portland. B-line also provides advertising and promotional opportunities for local businesses both large and small. By providing an alternative to traditional truck and van based deliveries for last-mile delivery, B-line has helped Portland avoid an estimated 80,000 truck deliveries and kept 18 tons of CO2 emissions out of the atmosphere since its founding in February 2009. Recently B-line was featured in articles in both TIME magazine and The New York Times for their work in redefining urban delivery.
- Provides pick up of “beyond the curb” recyclable materials from businesses.
- B-Shares program picks up close to end of life produce from grocery stores and delivers it to shelters.
- Office equipment is ENERGY STAR® qualified.
- Paperless alternatives are used whenever possible.
- Participates in a commuter competition, with 2013’s participation going up 25% and most staff having a 100% commute by bike rate.
- Laptops are used at workstations rather than desktop computers, thereby reducing energy use.
735 SE Alder St, Portland, OR 97214