Green teams play an important role in an organization’s efforts to operate more sustainably. They identify goals and initiatives, develop campaigns to encourage staff participation, measure and monitor progress and answer many questions about the hows and whys of proposed actions. Our sustainability advisors often hear just how challenging, slow and often times thankless this work can be.
If your green team has accomplished its goals or has picked all the low hanging fruit, it may be time to find a new focus and purpose for the team.
Here are a few questions to think about when your green team is feeling challenged:
- What impact are we having in our organization?
- What is our purpose and are we meeting that purpose?
- Are we focused on short-term projects or long-term goals?
- Are we including all voices and perspectives needed to help us achieve our goals in the best way possible?
- Are the goals set by this team agreed upon and supported by the entire organization?
- How are we celebrating our big and small achievements?
Your team’s responses to these questions provide valuable insight and direction. By reflecting periodically and making needed adjustments, the group is kept fresh and relevant.
Need some support to refresh and re-energize your team? Give us a call. Sustainability at Work advisors can meet with your team to help identify new goals and purpose and strategize next steps. 503-823-7037, email@example.com.