Mercy Corps is a leading global humanitarian agency saving and improving lives in the world’s toughest places. In more than 40 countries, they partner with local people to put bold ideas into action, help them overcome adversity and build stronger communities. Now, and for the future.
Based in Portland, Mercy Corps Global Headquarters is proud to own and occupy a LEED platinum building in Old Town. As part of Mercy Corps ongoing commitment to sustainability, they launched the Green Team in 2013.
- Provides subsidies to employees who use public transportation.
- Offers secure, indoor bike parking and employee showers. Approximately 20% of employees commute by bike.
- Instituted eco-catering policy for internal and external events hosted onsite.
- Has compost bins and recycling stations in all eating areas on all floors.
- Purchases 100% renewable, carbon-free wind energy.
- Green Team leads outreach efforts, educational opportunities, and internal sustainability efforts, including “greenbag” lunches on sustainability topics, and monitoring and reduction of waste and energy.
- Mercy Corps Global Headquarters occupies a LEED Platinum building that utilizes smart building systems and landscaping, recycled materials, and a green roof.
45 SW Ankeny St Portland, OR 97204