- Electronics, furnishings, equipment and supplies are collected for donation, reuse and recycling.
- Paper use has been reduced through the transition to electronic filing.
- Stock conference and break rooms with durable products rather than disposables.
- Firm members’ hold leadership roles in Oregon Lawyers for a Sustainable Future, the Oregon State Bar Sustainable Future Section, and SCRAP.
- Firm members participate in the Multnomah County Advisory Committee on Sustainability and Innovation, which promotes policies to support sustainable economic development and sustainable internal government operations.
- Service on the national editorial advisory board of Sustainability: The Journal of Record.
- Completed a recent office remodel with sustainability and green practices explicitly implemented.
- Purchase environmentally friendly supplies, equipment and services.
- Offer lawyers and staff incentives to use mass transit, carpooling, car sharing and bicycles.
- Host workshops, classes and lunchtime discussions designed to encourage sustainable practices at home and in the office.
- Replaced incandescent light bulbs with LED and compact fluorescent lamps.
- Organize information sharing and team building activities such as SOLV (Stop Oregon Litter and Vandalism) beach clean-ups and Tryon Creek Park ivy pulling.
Our coffee bar uses reusable coffee mugs and encourages people not to purchase take-out coffee.
Our employee lounge features wood counter/table made of reclaimed wood. Water is used from tap with filter to avoid disposable water bottles. The island in lounge features drawers for recycling.
1600 Pioneer Tower, 888 SW Fifth Ave., Portland Oregon 97204