The Center for Family Success is a program of Pathfinders of Oregon. The Center provides a range of services from parenting classes to advocacy for families who have an incarcerated or criminal justice involved parent. Pathfinders of Oregon is a 501 (c) (3) social service agency founded in 1993 with a mission to break the cycle of criminality. The Center for Family success organized its green team in 2009.
- Requires all computers, electronics, lights and HVAC be turned off when not in use, especially on weekends and holidays.
- Labeled all light switches to remind staff to turn lights off when they leave an area.
- Updated all light fixtures to be more energy efficient.
- Installed low flow faucets to use minimal amount of water.
- Recycles old equipment, toner and batteries.
- Uses paper supplies that are 30% or greater post-consumer recycled content and cleaning supplies that are environmentally safe.
- Uses electronic document processing whenever possible and requires that all printing be double sided.
- Has recycling boxes at every desk and every open space with instructions stating what goes in the boxes.
- Promotes client use of TriMet and provides them with bus tickets based on their need and commitment to participate, and includes TriMet bus and Max line information with all class and event materials.
1445 SE 122nd Ave., Portland, OR 97233