Last Updated on April 16, 2014
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are listed by avenues first, east to west, and streets next, north to south. These projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 9th, Park, Yamhill and Taylor: full block, Park Avenue West project underway. Closes SW 9th between Morrison & Yamhill, all hours, all days. Also an intermittent closures of SW Park between Yamhill & Morrison, M-F, 7am-4pm for concrete pours, equipment staging and deliveries. Projected project completion January 2016.
- NW 15th, Pettygrove to Quimby: 1/2 block project begins with demolition of existing building. Closes sidewalks & parking, uses intermittent lane closure on east side 15th, north side Pettygrove & south side of Quimby. Project contact is James Scheh at 408.507.1811, Projected completion is June 2014.
- NW Overton, 11th, & 12th: 1/2 block project. Closes sidewalks and parking, uses intermittent lane closures on west side of 11th and east side of 12th. Project contact is Bob Brockamp at 503-283-6712. Project completion date is October 2015.
- SW Yamhill, 5th to 4th: sidewalks closed on Yamhill, 4th & 5th for tenant improvement. Intermittent lane closure on west side of 4th between Taylor and Yamhill 7am-4pm for deliveries. Full closure of SW Yamhill between 5th and 4th through April 2014. Contact is Hoffman Construction, Phil Dobbin at 503.572.1365. Projected completion is late Spring 2014.
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets (listed by avenues first, from east to west, and streets next, from north to south) are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts:
- SW 3rd, Alder to Morrison: April 14-28, left lane closed 9am-4pm Mon-Fri for utility work
- SW 4th, Taylor to Yamhill: April 17-26, 6am-4pm, left lane closed for crane lifts
- SW 5th, Alder to Taylor: April 23-24, 7pm to 6am, street closed to all but Trimet for crane lift
- SW Broadway, Washington to Morrison: April 14-May 2, 9am-4pm, one lane closed for utility work (alternating one lane at a time)
- NW 12th, Overton to Pettygrove: April 23-24, 9am-4pm, lane closed both directions alternating on one lane with flagger assistance
- NW 12th, Overton to Pettygrove: April 28-20, all hrs, full street closure for crane work
- SW 17th, Morrison to Salmon: April 7-16, 8am-4pm, right lane closures for utility work
- NW Overton, 12-13: April 23-24, 9am-4pm, lane closed both directions alternating on one lane with flagger assistance
- NW Everett, 11th - 12th: Jan 16-May 23, intermittent left lane closure for construction
- SW Ash, 3rd to 4th: April 20, 8am-6pm, street closure for crane lift to roof
- SW Morrison, 1st to 11th & SW Yamhill, 3rd to 11th: March 24 - May 29, 7am-6pm, intermittent street closures for TriMet vault lid replacement
- SW Yamhill, 5th to 4th: Feb 23 - April 26, full street closure for crane work
- SW Salmon, 11th to 10th: April 19-24, all hours right lane closed
- SW Lincoln, 1st to 4th: April 19, 7am-6pm, west bound travel closed use Harrison for detour
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium School Buses for Performances
Keller Auditorium stage set load in/out: June 9, June 10, June 15
- SW 3rd, Clay to Market: right lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
- SW Clay, 3rd to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except am peak of Mon-Fri, 7am to 9am
- SW Market, 4th to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
- Thursday, 4/17: Gate closed 6:30pm to 10pm
- Friday, 4/18: Gate closed from 9am to 1:30pm and from 6:30pm to 10:30pm
- Saturday, 4/19: Gate closed from noon to 10:30pm
- Sunday, 4/20: Gate closed from 1pm to 4:30pm
One-Time and/or Ongoing Community and Special Events
First Thursdays, from 2pm to 11pm, 5/1/14, 6/5/14, 7/3/14, 8/7/14, 9/4/14, 10/2/14, Urban Art Network to close NW 13th Ave between Irving and Johnson for the First Thursday Street Gallery
Wednesdays, from 7am-4pm, 5/7/14,-11/26/14, Portland Farmers Market to close SW Main St between E Park and W Park for the Portland Farmers Market at Shemanski Park.
Starting at 8am on Thursday, 5/8/14 and ending at 7am on Sunday, 5/11/14, The Luna Foundation to closed NW 10th Ave between Northrup and Overton for WhiskeyFest Northwest to benefit Oregon Active.
Starting at 6am on Friday, 5/9/14 and ending at 7am on Sunday, 5/11/14, The Luna Foundation to close NW 11th Ave between Northrup and Overton for WhiskeyFest Northwest to benefit Oregon Active.
Saturday, 5/13/14 from 10am to 7pm, Concept Entertainment to close NW Couch St between 2nd and 3rd
Friday, 5/16/14 from 10am to 10pm, The Pacific Northwest College of Art to close NW 13th Ave between Johnson and Kearney for the PNCA End of the Year Party.
First Thursdays, from 2pm to 11pm, 6/5/14, 7/3/14, 8/7/14, 9/4/14, Urban Art Network to close NW 13th Ave between Hoyt and Irving for the First Thursday Street Gallery.
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.: