Last Updated on August 20, 2014
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are listed by avenues first, east to west, and streets next, north to south. These projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 4th & Stark: iinterior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks on east side of SW 4th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 3rd - 4th, as well as the turn lane on SW Stark.
- SW 9th, Park, Yamhill and Taylor: full block, Park Avenue West project underway. Closes SW 9th between Morrison & Yamhill, all hours, all days. Also an intermittent closures of SW Park between Yamhill & Morrison, M-F, 7am-4pm for concrete pours, equipment staging and deliveries. Projected project completion January 2016.
- NW 14th & 15th, north of Irving: 1/2 block project for Pearl West Office Building. Closes sidewalkl and parking on east and west sides of the block, includes intermittent lane closures on NW 15th. Project contact is Dan Zylkowski with Howard S Wright, 503-220-0895. Projected completion date is March 2016.
- NW 15th, Pettygrove to Quimby: 1/2 block project begins with demolition of existing building. Closes sidewalks & parking, uses intermittent lane and street closures on east side 15th, north side Pettygrove & south side of Quimby. Project contact is James Scheh at 408.507.1811, Projected completion is late August 2014.
- NW Overton, 11th, & 12th: 1/2 block project. Closes sidewalks and parking, uses intermittent lane and street closures on west side of 11th, north side of Overton and east side of 12th. Project contact is Bob Brockamp at 503-283-6712. Project completion date is October 2015.
- NW Overton, 12th, Pettygrove, 13th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures all around, intermittent lane closures on NW 13th. Project completion date is June 2015. Contact is Brian Anthony at 503-283-6712.
- NW Northrup, 10th, Overton, 11th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures on all four sides. Projected comnpletion is June 2016. Contact is Bret McGuire at 503-347-6378.
- SW Jefferson, 11th, & 12th: Demo of existing building and new construction of 15-story apartment building. Sidewalk and parking on three sides, lane closures on Jefferson and 12th. Project completion date is Januray 2016. Contact is Sean Robinson at 253-845-9544.
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets (listed by avenues first, from east to west, and streets next, from north to south) are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts:
- SW 1st, Lincoln - Arthur: August 26, 5am-2pm, one southbound and one northbound lane closed during crane lift
- NW 2nd, Couch - Burnside: Aug 21, 6am-4pm, left and right lanes alternatingly closed for crane lifts
- NW 3rd, Couch - Burnside: through September 20, 6am-6pm, right lane intermittently closed during remodel deliveries
- NW 3rd, Couch - Burnside: August 25-29, 7am-6pm, second left lane cloure for sewer connection
- NW 9th Ave, Davis - Oak: August 6-29, 9am-3pm, alternating lane closures for manhole access
- NW 10th, Burnside - Couch: August 25-27, 10pm-8am, left lane closure for sign work
- SW 10th, Taylor - Yamhill: July 24-Aug 20, 9am-4pm, intermittent center lane closures for utility work
- NW 11th, Burnside - Couch: August 25-27, 10pm-8am, left lane closure for sign work
- NW Overton, 14 - 15: July 24-Aug 24, 9am-3pm, eastbound lane intermittently closed for utility work
- NW Glisan, 10th - 11th: August 6-Sept 2, 6am-6pm, left lane closed during exterior building maintenance
- NW Everett, 11th - 12th: May 24-August 22, intermittent left lane closure for construction
- NW Couch, 10h - 14th: August 6-29, 9am-3pm, alternating lane closures for manhole access
- W Burnside, 10th - 11th: August 25-27, 10pm-8am, right westbound lane closure for sign work
- SW Pine, 2nd - 3rd: August 22, 7am-6pm, street closed for crane lift
- SW Morrison: Park to 9th: August 12-22, 7am-4pm, street closed for utility work
- SW Taylor, 6th - Broadway: July 24-Aug 20, 9am-4pm, intermittent left lane closures for utility work
- SW Taylor, Broadway - Park: July 24-Aug 20, 9am-4pm, intermittent right lane closures for utility work
- SW Salmon, 1st to Naito: through mid-August, all hours, full street closure during underground work and road replacement
- SW Jefferson, 12th - 13th: August 18-22, 7am-7pm, intermittent left lane closures during exterior painting
- SW Montgomery, 4th to 5th: August 11-September 28, full street closure for Portland Streetcar work
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium School Buses for Performances
Keller Auditorium stage set load in/out: None scheduled
- SW 3rd, Clay to Market: right lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
- SW Clay, 3rd to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except am peak of Mon-Fri, 7am to 9am
- SW Market, 4th to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
- Wednesday, 8/20: Gate closed 8am-9pm
- Friday, 8/22: Gate closed 6:30pm-11pm
- Saturday, 8/23: Gate closed 6pm-11pm
- Sunday, 8/24: Gate closed 1pm-10pm
Multnomah County Bridges - Use link for bridge closures & updates
One-Time and/or Ongoing Community and Special Events
First Thursdays, from 2pm to 11pm: 9/4/14, Urban Art Network to close NW 13th Ave between Hoyt and Johnson for the First Thursday Street Gallery. Thursday, 10/2/14, from 2pm to 11pm, Urban Art Network to close NW 13th Ave between Irving and Johnson only.
Wednesdays, from 7am-4pm, through 11/26/14, Portland Farmers Market to close SW Main St between E Park and W Park for the Portland Farmers Market at Shemanski Park.
Wednesdays, 8/13/14, 8/20/14, 8/27/14 from 8am to 9pm, Portland'5 Centers for the Arts to close SW Main St between Broadway and Park for Summer Arts on Main, Music on Main.
Friday, August 22, Hood to Coast run passes across Hawthorne Bridge and along Naito Parkway out to Hwy 30. Click here for a link to the downtown course map.
Friday, 8/29/14 starting at 9am until Monday, 9/1/14 at 8:30pm, Art in the Pearl to close NW Park Ave between Couch and Glisan, NW 8th Ave between Couch and Everett, NW Davis St between 9th and Broadway and NW Flanders between 9th and 8th for Art in the Pearl.
Friday, 9/12/14 from Noon to 9:30pm, Neighbors West NW to close NW 13th Ave between Hoyt and Irving for the 23rd Annual Pearl Party.
Saturday, 9/13/14 from 1pm to 10pm, 107ist to close SW Alder St between 16th - 17th for the Timbers Army Block Party to benefit Portland Public Schools.
Saturday, 9/20/14 from 8am to 7pm, Oregon Electric Vehicle Association to close SW Montgomery between 6rh and Broadway to celebrate Natinal Drive Electric Week.
Saturday, 9/27/14 from 5am-9pm, Multnomah County LIbrary to close SW Taylor St between 10th and 11th for the Multnomah County LIbrary 150 Year Celebration.
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.: