Last Updated on June 24, 2015
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are listed by avenues first, and then streets. These projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 4th & Stark: interior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks on east side of SW 4th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 3rd - 4th, as well as the turn lane on SW Stark.
- SW 9th, Park, Yamhill and Morrison: full block, Park Avenue West project underway. Closes SW 9th between Morrison & Yamhill, all hours, all days. Also an intermittent closures of SW Park between Yamhill & Morrison, M-F, 7am-4pm for concrete pours, equipment staging and deliveries. Intermittent lane closures on SW Morrison for utility connections. Projected project completion January 2016.
- SW 12th, 11th, Clay-Market: new 8 story building. Sidewalk, lane parking, closures.
- SW 12th and Stark: interior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks, parking and intermittently lanes on east side of SW 12th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 11th - 12th. Project completion estimated May 2015.
- SW 14th, 15th, Yamhill and Taylor St: Interior remodel. Project closes sidewalks and park on the East side of 15th between Taylor-Yamhill and south side of Yamhill 14th-15th. Projected project completion July 2015. contact Eric Newby 503.459.4477.
- NW 2nd & 3rd Ave, Burnside-Couch St: Sidewalk and parking closures, intermittent lane closures, Fence for Rebuild. All Hours
- NW 14th & 15th, north of Irving: 1/2 block project for Pearl West Office Building. Closes sidewalk and parking on east and west sides of the block, includes intermittent lane closures on NW 15th. Project contact is Dan Zylkowski with Howard S Wright, 503-220-0895. Projected completion date is March 2016.
- NW Everett, NW 11th, NW 12th: Closes sidewalks and lanes, 8am-4pm.
- NW Northrup, 10th, Overton, 11th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures on all four sides. Projected comnpletion is June 2016. Contact is Bret McGuire at 503-347-6378.
- NW Overton, 11th, & 12th: 1/2 block project. Closes sidewalks and parking, uses intermittent lane and street closures on west side of 11th, north side of Overton and east side of 12th. Project contact is Bob Brockamp at 503-283-6712. Project completion date is October 2015.
- NW Overton, 12th, Pettygrove, 13th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures all around, intermittent street and lane closures on NW 12th and NW Pettygrove. Project completion date is June 2015. Contact is Brian Anthony at 503-283-6712.
- NW Pettygrove, Overton, 12th, 13th: occasional street closure during shoring on NW Pettygrove, 6am-6pm.
- NW Davis, 1st, Couch, Naito: Demo of existing parking lot and new construction on 3/4 of the block. Sidewalks closed around site perimeter. Contact is Tom Hammons at Andersen Construction, 503-283-6712.
- SW Broadway, Stark-Washington: Sidewalk and parking closures for Interior Renovation. Projected completion June 2015
- SW Jefferson, 11th, & 12th: Demo of existing building and new construction of 15-story apartment building. Sidewalk and parking on three sides, lane closures on Jefferson and 12th. Project completion date is Januray 2016.
- SW Moody, Abernathy, Bond: May 18 start. Project completion 2016. All Hours. Lanes and sidewalks. Fenced job site.
- SW Washington, 4-5 and SW 4th, Alder-Washington: 2016 completetion, All Hours, Remodel of building.
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts:
- NW 2nd Ave, Flanders-Glisan: June 27, 8am-3pm, East side sidewalk closed during crane lift.
- NW 14th, Overton-Pettygrove: June 15-26, 7:30am-3:30pm, M-F, Lane closures during utility work.
- SW 4th, Main-Salmon St: June 27, 9am-4pm, West side lanes and sidewalk closure during crane lift.
- SW 11th and Burnside: June 16-25, 5am-5pm, Sidewalks closed during pressure washing of buildings.
- NW Everett ST, 11-12th, May 23-July 13th, North side lane closure during concrete pours.
- NW Everett, 13th-15th, June 9-26, 8am-4pm, lane closures during utility work.
- SW Naito Pkwy, Hawthorne Bridge-Clay: June 24-July 7, various hours during Blues Festival at Waterfront Park
- SW Broadway, Clay-Columbia: June 22-24, 6am-6pm, West side sidewalk closed while decommissioning a UST.
- SW Harbor Way, Montgomery-River Pkwy, June 8-27, 7am-5pm M-F, Lane closures during utility work.
- SW Market, 11th-12th: June 15-July 7, 10am-4pm, Lane closures during utility work.
- SW Montgomery, 6th-Broadway: June 24-25, 6am-5pm, Close street while removing charging stations.
- SW Morrison, 13th-Broadway: June 25-26th, 12am-6am, Lane closures while accessing Trimet vaults.
- SW Oak, 4th-5th: June 25, 4:30am-7am, Lane and sidewalk closures, north side, during crane lift.
- SW Park, Alder-Washington: June 22-24, 7am-5pm, Lane closed for utility work.
- SW Park, Madison, Main, Broadway: June 13-July 10, All Hours< sidewalk closures during building restoration
- SW Washington, 6th-Broadway: June 14-July 31st, Pedestrian canopy in place, sidewalk open.
Multnomah County Bridges - Use link for bridge closures & updates
Portland5's Centers for the Arts
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium School Buses for Performances
- Schnitzer: Nothing scheduled
- Keller: Nothing scheduled
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
- Wednesday, 6/3/15: Gate closed from 8am to 3:30pm
- Thursday, 6/4/15: Gate closed from 5:30pm to 10pm
- Friday, 6/5/15: Gate closed from 6:30pm to 10pm\
- Saturday, 6/6/15: Gate closed from 6:30pm to 10:30pm
- Sunday, 6/7/15: Gate closed from 3:30pm to 10:30pm
One-Time and/or Ongoing Community and Special Events
Click here for Community Event Calendar
Sunday, 7/5/15, Red, White & Blues Run - Closures begin at 6:15 AM with runs starting at 6:45 AM. For more event details, route and closure information: http://htcraceseries.com/event/red-white-blues/
Sunday, 7/12/15 from 4am to Noon, Be the Match Foundation to close SW Salmon between 1st and Naito for the Be the Match Walk +Run to benefit the Be the Match Foundation. The Walk & Run will begin at 8:45 AM with closures of SW and NW Natio Parkway. For route and closure information: http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/site/TR/WalkRun/Foundation?sid=2550&type=fr_informational&pg=informational&fr_id=3417#.VV-Y_03bKpo
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.