Downtown Traffic Impacts
Last Update: Sept. 23rd, 2016
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 3rd & Taylor: Hotel construction closes sidewalks and parking and intermittent lane closures on the north side of Taylor and east side of 3rd. Projected project completion Oct 2016. Contact is Mortenson construction 971.202.4107
- NW 4th, Burnside, 5th: Remodel and new hotel construction on 1/2 block site. Sidewalks and parking removed, intermittent lane closures on NW 4th for concrete and crane work. Projected completion May 2017. Howard S Wright Constructors, Jamey Shaw at 503-220-0895.
- SW 4th & Stark: interior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks on east side of SW 4th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 3rd - 4th, as well as the turn lane on SW Stark.
- SW 6th, Harrison, Broadway, Montgomery: PSU building remodel and addition, sidewalks and parking fenced. Intermittent street closures on SW Montgomery. Project contact is Skanska USA Building at 503-382-0900..
- NW 11th & Hoyt: 1/4 block project, demo and new construction. Projected completion October 2017. Bremik Construction, Todd Smith, 503-220-0895.
- SW 14th, Jefferson-Salmon, Street closure, 9/9/16, Fri, 7am-Noon
- SW 14th, 15th, Yamhill and Taylor St: Interior remodel. Project closes sidewalks and park on the East side of 15th between Taylor-Yamhill and south side of Yamhill 14th-15th. Intermittent lane closures. Projected project completion July 2016. contact Eric Newby 503.459.4477.
- SW 17th, Taylor-Yamhill: May 17th, 9am-3pm, Lane & sidewalk closure.
- NW Couch, 9th, Davis: 1/2 block demo and new construction. Sidewalks and parking closed, intermittent lane closures for concrete pours and utility connections. Projected completion July 2017. Walsh Construction, Nick Leeding at 503-222-4375.
- NW Davis, 1st, Couch, Naito: Demo of existing parking lot and new construction on 3/4 of the block. Sidewalks closed around site perimeter. Contact is Tom Hammons at Andersen Construction, 503-283-6712.
- SW Jefferson, 2nd, Columbia: New construction on a half-block site. Sidewalk and parking removal adjacent to site, intermittent lane closures on SW Jefferson and SW 2nd during utility work and concrete pours.
- NW Naito, 9th-15th: East side lane and sidewalk closures during building.
- NW Overton, 12th, Pettygrove, 13th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures all around, intermittent street and lane closures on NW 12th, NW Pettygrove, and NW Overton. Project completion date is Sept. 2016. Contact is Brian Anthony at 503-283-6712.
- NW 13th, 14th Quimby, Pettygrove: Closes traffic lanes, bike lanes and sidewalks during construction at 1420 NW 14th
- SW Jefferson, 11th, & 12th: Demo of existing building and new construction of 15-story apartment building. Sidewalk and parking on three sides, lane closures on Jefferson and 12th.
- SW Moody, Abernethy, Bond: Project completion 2016. All Hours. Lanes and sidewalks. Fenced job site.
- SW Taylor, 15th-16th, Sidewalk closure & intermittent lane and street closures, Fenced job site.
- SW Washington, 4-5 and SW 4th, Alder-Washington: 2016 completetion, All Hours, Remodel of building.
- SW 15th and SW Morrison: New construction, sidewalk and parking closed adjacent to site, intermittent lane closure on SW 15th
- SW Curry, River Pkwy, Bond, & Whitaker: New construction, sidewalk, parking, and lanes closed adjacent to site at 3410 & 3485 SW Bond Ave
- NW Flanders, 9th, Everett, Park: New construction on 3/4 block site. Parking and sidewalk closures, intermittent lane and street closures for concrete pours and crane lifts.
- SW Columbia, Broadway, and Clay: New construction of 20-story tower. Parking, sidewalk, and travel lane closures. Projected completion date late summer 2018. Project contact: Howard S Wright Construction, 503-220-0895.
- NW 9th & Glisan: New construction of 11-story hotel. Parking, sidewalk, and intermittent travel lane closures. Projected completion date March 2018. Project contact: Bremik Construction, 503-688-1000.
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts:
- SW 3rd, Jefferson-Madison: Oct 8th-Oct 9th, Two west side lane closures, 7am-3am, Portland Marathon
- SW 3rd, Madison-Main: Oct 8th-Oct 9th, Two west side lane closures, 7am-3am, Portland Marathon
- SW 3rd, Main-Salmon: Oct 8th-Oct 9th, Two west side lane closures, 7am-3am, Portland Marathon
- SW 3rd, Taylor-Yamhill: Sept 12th-Oct 9th, Lane closure, Utility work, 9am-3pm & 7pm-Midnight
- NW 4th, Couch-Burnside: Sept 26th-Nov 16th, Lane closure, 9am-3pm, All Days
- NW 4th, Davis-Flanders: Sept 12th-Nov 14th, Lane & sidewalk closure, 9am-3pm & 9pm-5am, Mon-Fri, Utility work
- NW 9th, Couch-Davis: Sept 1st-Nov 16th, Lane closure, 7am-5pm, All Days
- NW 9th, Everett-Flanders: Sept 21st-Nov 16th, Intermittent lane closure, 7am-4pm, Mon-Fri
- NW 10th, Glisan-Hoyt: Sept 26th-Oct 5th, Lane closure, 9am-3pm, Mon-Fri
- NW 11th, Glisan-Hoyt: Sept 26th-Oct 5th, Lane closure, 9am-3pm, Mon-Fri
- NW 13th, Johnson-Kearney: Fri, Sept 23rd & Thurs, Sept 29th, Street Closure, 7am-4pm, Concrete pour
- SW Broadway, Morrison-Stark: Sept 26th, East side lane closure, 9am-3pm, Monday
- SW Columbia, 14th-17th: Sept 12th-Nov 14th, Lane closure, 9am-2pm, Mon-Fri, Utility work
- NW Couch, 9th-10th: Sept 26th-Oct 7th, north side lane closure, 9am-3pm, Mon-Fri
- NW Everett, 10th-11th: Sept 28th, both sides lane closures & sidewalk closures, 9am-3pm, Wed
- NW Everett, 11th-12th: Sept 28th, south side lane closure, 9am-3pm, Wed
- NW Glisan, 10th-11th: Sept 27th, Street & north sidewalk closure, 7am-9am, Crane lift
- NW Glisan, 10th-11th: Sept 26th-Oct 5th, Lane & sidewalk closure, 9am-3pm, Mon-Fri
- NW Glisan, 11th-12th: Oct 3rd-Oct 12th, Lane & Sidewalk closure, 9am-3pm, Mon-Fri
- SW Harrison, 6th-Broadway, Sept 26th-Sept 30th, North side lane closure, 9am-3pm, Mon-Fri
- SW Jefferson, 6th-Broadway: Sept 26th-Sept 30th, south side lane & sidewalk closure, 7:30am-3:30pm, M-F
- SW Jefferson, 11-12: Sept 23-26 (7pm Fri to 6am Mon) street closed for crane work
- NW Johnson, 12th-13th; Sept. 2nd - Oct 28th, intermittent street & lane closure, 7am-6pm, Mon-Sat
- NW Kearney, 12th-13th: Sept 2nd-Oct 28th, Intermittent lane closure, 7am-6pm, Mon-Sat
- SW Market, 2nd-3rd: Sept 9th-Sept 29th, Lane & sidewalk closure, 3am-6:30am, M-F, or 9am-3pm M-F, or 3am-3pm Sat
- SW Main, 3rd-4th: Oct 8th-Oct 9th, South side lane closure, 7anm-3am, Portland Marathon
- SW Park, Alder-Morrison: Sept 12th-Sept 30th, Street closure, 9am-3pm, Mon-Fri, Utility work
- SW Park, Alder-Washington: Sept 29th-Nov 16th, both sides lane & sidewalk closures, All Hours/Days
- SW Taylor, 15th-16th: Sept 1st-Sept 30th, Lane closure, 7am-5pm, Mon-Sat
- SW Yamhill, 4th-5th: Sept 9th-Sept 28th, Lane & sidewalk closure, All Hours/Days
Multnomah County Bridges - Use link for bridge closures & updates
Portland5's Centers for the Arts
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium School Buses for Performances
- Schnitzer: Nothing scheduled
- Keller: Nothing scheduled
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
Click here for Community Event Calendar
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.