Last Updated on July 24, 2014
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are listed by avenues first, east to west, and streets next, north to south. These projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 9th, Park, Yamhill and Taylor: full block, Park Avenue West project underway. Closes SW 9th between Morrison & Yamhill, all hours, all days. Also an intermittent closures of SW Park between Yamhill & Morrison, M-F, 7am-4pm for concrete pours, equipment staging and deliveries. Projected project completion January 2016.
- NW 14th & 15th, north of Irving: 1/2 block project for Pearl West Office Building. Closes sidewalkl and parking on east and west sides of the block, includes intermittent lane closures on NW 15th. Project contact is Dan Zylkowski with Howard S Wright, 503-220-0895. Projected completion date is March 2016.
- NW 15th, Pettygrove to Quimby: 1/2 block project begins with demolition of existing building. Closes sidewalks & parking, uses intermittent lane and street closures on east side 15th, north side Pettygrove & south side of Quimby. Project contact is James Scheh at 408.507.1811, Projected completion is August 2014.
- NW Overton, 11th, & 12th: 1/2 block project. Closes sidewalks and parking, uses intermittent lane and street closures on west side of 11th, north side of Overton and east side of 12th. Project contact is Bob Brockamp at 503-283-6712. Project completion date is October 2015.
- NW Overton, 12th, Pettygrove, 13th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures all around, intermittent lane closures on NW 13th. Project completion date is June 2015. Contact is Brian Anthony at 503-283-6712.
- NW Northrup, 10th, Overton, 11th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures on all four sides. Projected comnpletion is June 2016. Contact is Bret McGuire at 503-347-6378.
- SW Jefferson, 11th, & 12th: Demo of existing building and new construction of 15-story apartment building. Sidewalk and parking on three sides. Project completion date is Januray 2016. Contact is Sean Robinson at 253-845-9544.
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets (listed by avenues first, from east to west, and streets next, from north to south) are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts:
- SW Naito, Stark - Salmon: August 6-12, intermittent right northbound lane closures during Special Olmpics
- SW 1st, Salmon - Main: August 18-22, 7pm-7am, street closed at night for escalator replacement work
- NW 2nd, Couch - Burnside: Aug 4, 6am-4pm, left lane closed for crane lift
- SW 2nd, Oak - Pine: July 11- August 14, 7am-5pm, two left lanes closed during roofing work
- NW 3rd, Couch - Burnside: July 25-September 20, 6am-6pm, right lane intermittently closed during remodel deliveries
- SW 5th, Oak - Burnside: 11:30pm 7/25/14 to 4:30am 7/26/14, street closed for crane lift. SW Pine and SW Ankeny also to be closed.
- SW 6th, Morrison - Yamhill: August 4, 6am-3:30pm, left lane closed for unloading equipment at Pioneer Square
- SW Broadway, Taylor - Salmon: July 24-Aug 14, 9am-4pm, intermittent right lane closures for utility work
- SW Broadway, Salmon - Main: July 21-24, 9am-3:30pm, right travel and bike lane closed for truck / crane to perform work at adjacent building
- SW Broadway, Salmon - Main: July 25-Aug 14, 9am-4pm, intermittent center lane closure for utility work
- SW 10th, Taylor - Yamhill: July 24-Aug 20, 9am-4pm, intermittent center lane closures for utility work
- NW 11th, Glisan - Flanders: July 11-31, 6am-6pm, left lane closed for lift in street for repair to adjacent building
- NW Overton, 14 - 15: July 24-Aug 24, 9am-3pm, eastbound lane intermittently closed for utility work
- NW Overton, 13th - 11th: July 21-25, 7am-4pm, right lane closed, flagger on site for traffic to alternate direction on one lane
- NW Glisan, Broadway - 8th: July 7-25, 9am-3:30pm, right lane closed for utility work
- SW Pine, 2nd - 3rd: July 29, 7am-6pm, street closed for roof work
- NW Everett, 11th - 12th: May 24-August 22, intermittent left lane closure for construction
- SW Taylor, 6th - Broadway: July 24-Aug 20, 9am-4pm, intermittent left lane closures for utility work
- SW Taylor, Broadway - Park: July 24-Aug 20, 9am-4pm, intermittent right lane closures for utility work
- SW Salmon, Naito - 1st: June 12 - Aug 7, full street closure during underground work and road replacement
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium School Buses for Performances
Keller Auditorium stage set load in/out: None scheduled
- SW 3rd, Clay to Market: right lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
- SW Clay, 3rd to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except am peak of Mon-Fri, 7am to 9am
- SW Market, 4th to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
- Friday, 7/25: Gate closed from 2pm to 4:30pm and from 5:45pm to 11pm
- Saturday, 7/26: Gate closed from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Monday, 7/28: Gate closed from 9am to 11pm
- Wednesday, 7/30: Gate closed from 8am to 9pm
- Friday, 8/1: Gate closed from 2pm to 4:30pm and from 6:30pm to 11pm
One-Time and/or Ongoing Community and Special Events
First Thursdays, from 2pm to 11pm: 8/7/14, 9/4/14, Urban Art Network to close NW 13th Ave between Hoyt and Johnson for the First Thursday Street Gallery. Thursday, 10/2/14, from 2pm to 11pm, Urban Art Network to close NW 13th Ave between Irving and Johnson only.
Wednesdays, from 7am-4pm, through 11/26/14, Portland Farmers Market to close SW Main St between E Park and W Park for the Portland Farmers Market at Shemanski Park.
Wednesdays, 7/30/14,8/6/14, 8/13/14, 8/20/14, 8/27/14 from 8am to 9pm, Portland'5 Centers for the Arts to close SW Main St between Broadway and Park for Summer Arts on Main, Music on Main.
Thursdays, 7/24/14 and 7/31/14 from Noon-10pm, Ecotrust to close NW Irving St between 9th and 10th and NW Johnson St between 9th and 10th for the Ecotrust Sundown Concert Series.
Thursday, 7/24/14 from 12:01am-11:59pm, Prem Group to close NW Couch St between 11th and 12th for A Night on the Blocks to benefit Portland Center Stage.
Friday, 7/25/14 from 2pm to 10:30pm, INDUSTRY and Oregon Manifest to close NW 13th Ave between Johnson and Kearney for the Oregon Manifest Bike Design Project Reveal Party.
Friday, 8/1/14 from 6pm until Sunday, 8/3/14 9pm, Oregon Brewing Co to close NW Flanders St between 14th and 15th and NW 15th Ave btwn Everett and Glisan for the 20th Annual Bones and Brew to benefit New Generations Rotary Club.
Tuesday, 8/5/14 from 4pm to 8pm, Old Town Chinatown Community Association to close NW Davis St between 3rd and 4th for the Old Town Chinatown National Night Out Party.
Saturday, 8/9/14 from 6:30am to 3pm, Bridge Pedal to close NW Johnson St btwn 14th and 15th for the Providence Bridge Health and Wellness Expo.
Friday, 8/15/14 7pm through Monday 6am 8/18/14, Dew Tour closes SW Broadway between Salmon and Jefferson, Main and Madison between 6th and Park.
Wednuesday, 8/13/14 from Noon to 11pm, R2C Group to close NW Park Ave between Davis and Everett for the R2C Media Summer Party to benefit the Pearl District Neighborhood Association.
Saturday, 9/27/14 from 5am-9pm, Multnomah County LIbrary to close SW Taylor St between 10th and 11th for the Multnomah County LIbrary 150 Year Celebration.
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.: