Last Updated on December 15, 2014
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are listed by avenues first, and then streets. These projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 4th & Stark: interior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks on east side of SW 4th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 3rd - 4th, as well as the turn lane on SW Stark.
- SW 9th, Park, Yamhill and Morrison: full block, Park Avenue West project underway. Closes SW 9th between Morrison & Yamhill, all hours, all days. Also an intermittent closures of SW Park between Yamhill & Morrison, M-F, 7am-4pm for concrete pours, equipment staging and deliveries. Intermittent lane closures on SW Morrison for utility connections. Projected project completion January 2016.
- SW 12th, 11th, Clay-Market: new 8 story building. Sidewalk, lane parking, closures.
- SW 12th and Stark: interior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks and parking on east side of SW 12th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 11th - 12th. Project completion estimated Dec 2014.
- SW 14th, 145h, Yamhill and Taylor St: Interior remodel. Project closes sidewalks and park on the East side of 15th between Taylor-Yamhill and south side of Yamhill 14th-15th. Projected project completion July 2015. contact Eric Newby 503.459.4477.
- NW 2nd & 3rd Ave, Burnside-Couch St: Sidewalk and parking closures, Fence for Rebuild. All Hours
- NW 14th & 15th, north of Irving: 1/2 block project for Pearl West Office Building. Closes sidewalkl and parking on east and west sides of the block, includes intermittent lane closures on NW 15th. Project contact is Dan Zylkowski with Howard S Wright, 503-220-0895. Projected completion date is March 2016.
- NW 15th, Pettygrove to Quimby: 1/2 block project begins with demolition of existing building. Closes sidewalks & parking, uses intermittent lane and street closures on east side 15th, north side Pettygrove & south side of Quimby. Project contact is James Scheh at 408.507.1811, Projected completion is September 2014.
- NW Everett, NW 11th, NW 12th: Closes sidewalks and lanes, 8am-4pm.
- NW Overton, 11th, & 12th: 1/2 block project. Closes sidewalks and parking, uses intermittent lane and street closures on west side of 11th, north side of Overton and east side of 12th. Project contact is Bob Brockamp at 503-283-6712. Project completion date is October 2015.
- NW Overton, 12th, Pettygrove, 13th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures all around, intermittent street and lane closures on NW 12th and NW Pettygrove. Project completion date is June 2015. Contact is Brian Anthony at 503-283-6712.
- NW Pettygrove, Overton, 12th, 13th: occasional street closure during shoring on NW Pettygrove, 6am-6pm.
- NW Northrup, 10th, Overton, 11th: full block project. Sidewalk and parking closures on all four sides. Projected comnpletion is June 2016. Contact is Bret McGuire at 503-347-6378.
- SW Broadway, Clay, 6th, Market: Demo and remodel of old post offic ebldg. Sidewalk and parking closures on three sides. Intermittent lane closures. Karha Konell, Konell Contraution, 503.668.3516.
- SW Jefferson, 11th, & 12th: Demo of existing building and new construction of 15-story apartment building. Sidewalk and parking on three sides, lane closures on Jefferson and 12th. Project completion date is Januray 2016. Contact is Sean Robinson at 253-845-9544.
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts:
- NW 15th Ave, Hoyt - Johnson: Dec 8, 19-21: All Hours, street closure for tower crane set-up
- NW 11th, Everett - Flanders: Dec 17-18, 9pm-6am, left lane closed for utility work
- SW 1st, Taylor - Yamhill: Dec 15-16, 7am-11am, north side lane closed for crane lift
- NW Everett, 11th - 13th: Dec 15-19, 10pm-5am, north side lanes intermittently closed at night for utility work
- SW Yamhill, Broadway - Park: Dec 22-23, midnight-4am, lane closure for equipment delivery
- SW Taylor, 1st - 2nd: Dec 15-16, 7am-11am, north side lane closed for crane lift
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium School Buses for Performances
- SW 3rd Ave, Clay-Market: School Buses for Performances
- SW Salmon, Broadway-Park:
- Keller Auditorium stage set load in/out:
- SW 3rd, Clay to Market: right lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
- SW Clay, 3rd to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except am peak of Mon-Fri, 7am to 9am
- SW Market, 4th to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
- Thursday, 12/18/14: Gate closed from 6:30pm to 10:30pm
- Friday, 12/19/14: Gate closed from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Saturday, 12/20/14: Gate closed from 1pm to 4:30pm and from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Sunday, 12/21/14: Gate closed from 1pm to 10:30pm
Multnomah County Bridges - Use link for bridge closures & updates
One-Time and/or Ongoing Community and Special Events
Wednesday 12/31/14 from noon through Thursday at 2am on 1/1/15, AA Sports, LTD to close SW 1st Ave between Taylor and Main and from SW Salmon St between 2nd and Naito for The First Run & Walk.
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.: