Last Updated on March 6, 2014
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are listed by avenues first, east to west, and streets next, north to south. These projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 9th, Park, Yamhill and Taylor: full block, Park Avenue West project back underway. Closes SW 9th between Morrison & Yamhill, all hours; intermittent closures of SW Park between Yamhill & Morrison, M-F, 7am-4pm for concrete pours, equipment staging and deliveries. Projected completion January 2016.
- NW 15th, Pettygrove to Quimby: 1/2 block project begins with demolition of existing building. Closes sidewalks & parking, uses intermittent lane closure on east side 15th, north side Pettygrove & south side of Quimby. Project contact is James Scheh at 408.507.1811, Projected completion is June 2014.
- SW Yamhill, 5th to 4th: sidewalks closed on Yamhill, 4th & 5th for tenant improvement. Intermittent lane closure on west side of 4th between Taylor and Yamhill 7am-4pm for deliveries. Full closure of SW Yamhill between 5th and 4th through January 2014. Contact is Hoffman Construction, Phil Dobbin at 503.572.1365. Projected completion is late Spring 2014.
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets (listed by avenues first, from east to west, and streets next, from north to south) are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts:
- SW 2nd, Taylor to Yamhill: March 12, 6:30am-3pm, two right lanes for crane work
- SW 3rd, Washington to Alder: March 4-11, right lane closed 9am-4pm for utility work
- SW 3rd, Alder to Morrison: March 10-14, right lane closed 9am-4pm for utility work
- NW 12th, Everett to Davis: March 3-7, 9am-4pm, street closure, local access only for utility work
- SW Broadway, Alder to Morrison: March 7-14, 9am-4pm Mon-Fri & 7am-6pm Sat, alternating right, center, and left lane closures for utlity work
- NW Everett, 11th - 12th: Jan 16-May 23, intermittent left lane closure for construction
- SW Yamhill, 5th to 4th: Feb 23 - March 15, full street closure for crane work
- SW Jefferson, 2nd to 3rd, March 10-13, 7am-4pm, alternating right and left lanes closed for utility work
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium School Buses for Performances
Keller Auditorium stage set load in/out: March 7 & 9
- SW 3rd, Clay to Market: right lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
- SW Clay, 3rd to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except am peak of Mon-Fri, 7am to 9am
- SW Market, 4th to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
- Thursday, 3/6: Gate closed from 9am to 1:15pm
- Friday, 3/7: Gate closed from 9am to 1:15pm and from 6:30pm to 10:30pm
- Saturday, 3/8: Gate closed from 1pm to 10:30pm
- Sunday, 3/9: Gate closed from 1pm to 5pm
- Monday, 3/10: Gate closed from 11am to 1:30pm
- Tuesday, 3/11: Gate closed from 9am to 1:15pm and from 6:30pm to 10:30pm
- Wednesday, 3/12: Gate closed from 9am to 1:15pm
- Thursday, 3/13: Gate closed from 9am to 1:15pm
- Friday, 3/14: Gate closed from 9am to 1:15pm
- Saturday, 3/15: Gate closed from 1pm to 10:30pm
- Sunday, 3/16: Gate closed from 10am to 6pm
One-Time and/or Ongoing Community and Special Events
Starting 7pm on Sunday, 3/16/14 and ending at 6am on 3/18/14, Jake's Famous Crawfish to close SW Stark St between 12th and 13th for a St Patrick's Day Celebration benefiting Trillium Family Services.
Starting 5am on Saturday, 3/15/14 and ending at 5am on 3/18/14, Paddy's Bar and Grill to close SW Yamhill between 1st and Naito for a St Patrick's Day Festival benefiting the Children's Cancer Association.
March 16, Shamrock Run: start times vary from 7:40am to 9:40am depending on which event you participate in click here for map of route
Starting 9am on Wednesday, 3/26/14 and ending at 2am on Saturday, 3/29/14, Pioneer Nation to close NW 13th Ave between Johnson and Kearney for Pioneer Nation, a small business convention with PNCA.
First Thursdays, from 2pm to 11pm, 4/3/14, 5/1/14, 6/5/14, 7/3/14, 8/7/14, 9/4/14, 10/2/14, Urban Art Network to close NW 13th Ave between Irving and Johnson for the First Thursday Street Gallery.
Starting at 8pm on Friday, 4/11/14 and ending at 8am on 4/13/14, TEDx Portland to close SW 3rd Ave between Clay and Market for TEDx Portland.
First Thursdays, from 2pm to 11pm, 6/5/14, 7/3/14, 8/7/14, 9/4/14, Urban Art Network to close NW 13th Ave between Hoyt and Irving for the First Thursday Street Gallery.
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.: