Last Updated on December 17, 2013
Downtown Construction Project
The following projects are listed by avenues first, east to west, and streets next, north to south. These projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW 9th, Park, Yamhill and Taylor: full block, Park Avenue West project back underway. Closes SW 9th/Morrison to Yamhill, M-F, 6am-6pm.
- NW 15th, Pettygrove to Quimby: 1/2 block project begins with demolition of existing building. Closes sidewalks & parking, uses intermittent lane closure on east side 15th, north side Pettygrove & south side of Quimby. Project contact is James Scheh at 408.507.1811, Projected completion is June 2014.
- SW Yamhill, 5th to 4th: sidewalks closed on Yamhill, 4th & 5th for tenant improvement. Intermittent lane closure on west side of 4th between Taylor and Yamhill 7am-4pm for deliveries. Contact is Hoffman Construction, Phil Dobbin at 503.572.1365. Projected completion is early 2014.
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets (listed by avenues first, from east to west, and streets next, from north to south) are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts:
- SW Broadway, Taylor to Salmon: Sunday, December 15, 5am-10am, 2 right lanes closed for emergency crane lift to restore heat to adjacent building.
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium Buses Parking for School Performances
Keller Auditorium stage set load in/out: None scheduled
- SW 3rd, Clay to Market: right lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
- SW Clay, 3rd to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except am peak of Mon-Fri, 7am to 9am
- SW Market, 4th to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events
- Thursday, 12/19: Gate closed from 6:30pm to 10:30pm
- Friday, 12/20 Gate closed from 6:30pm to 11:30pm
- Saturday, 12/21: Gate closed from 1pm to 4:30pm & from 6:30pm to 10:30pm
- Sunday, 12/22: Gate closed from 1pm to 7pm
- Friday, 12/27: Gate closed from 6:30pm to 11:30pm
- Saturday, 12/28: Gate closed from 1pm to 4:30pm and from 6:30pm to 11pm
- Sunday, 12/29: Gate closed from 1pm to 6:30pm
One-Time and/or Ongoing Community and Special Events
Saturdays, 1/4/ - 2/14/13, Portland Farmers Market to close SW Main St between W Park and E Park for the Winter Market at Shemanski Park.
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.